Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:58 pm 

Dropped in to my local CT today to test the heft of the Beeman qb78 .177 and to my surprise it was an in store clearance for $138.00 plus tax.
Did I get a good deal? should i buy more? I am happy think this will be a fun gun its my first qb...getting back into pellet guns.
Cya

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:57 pm 

That’s a nice pickup.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:00 pm 

Sweet deal! I would definitely buy one if I walked into that sale.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:29 pm 

Robert1972 wrote:
Dropped in to my local CT today to test the heft of the Beeman qb78 .177 and to my surprise it was an in store clearance for $138.00 plus tax.
Did I get a good deal? should i buy more? I am happy think this will be a fun gun its my first qb...getting back into pellet guns.
Cya

Congrats, that sounds like a great deal. I'm just looking on the Canadian Tire website and the regular price right now is $234.99.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:36 am 

Good find, there are a lot of improvements / mods for them that are posted all over the internet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:35 am 

Sweet! We're now online only and I don't see any on clearance here in ON.
I need another one!

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:49 am 

Yes to my surprise it was on clearance at the Grant avenue location, I just walked in to have a look and hold it,the guy was already at the glass showcase and let me hold the display model,just for yucks i asked if I could have it at the last sale price and when he scanned it that's when he told me it was on clearance price,so I asked if they had one in the box since there was 2 showing in stock...he went in the back and grabbed the last boxed one! The display model is still there for the same price and is the last one at that location however since i have the receipt the sales guy said i could probably get a price match at another location if i wanted another! I was surprised because it wasn't showing up as a sales item on the website,since the sales guy had to walk it to the till for me i had the chance to ask if i could get the display model for a further reduced price but he said since they dont get any wear and tear being a display model then no, thats when he handed to another guy across the service desk and nearly dropped it lol :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:56 pm 

Just an FYI so say I was just ordering some pellets from Airhead Airguns and I noticed they have the QB78 listed.

http://airheadairguns.com/index.php?page=rifles#beeman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:26 pm 

Nice a local(to me) shop,not bad prices.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:27 pm 

I got a QB78 .177cal at my local CT today. Its not advertized at 139.99$ but when the employee scanned it it came at the discounted pirice instead of 234$. For those in ON, maybe worth checking in store with a clerk?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:33 pm 

Los_pellet_hermanos wrote:
I got a QB78 .177cal at my local CT today. Its not advertized at 139.99$ but when the employee scanned it it came at the discounted pirice instead of 234$. For those in ON, maybe worth checking in store with a clerk?

Ha, we are in COVID lockdown... guards at the store to prevent anyone from getting in or near the entrance, and a big "There is nothing here to see, folks" sign up outside. Kidding aside, we are curbside pickup only at least here in Hip town, ON. Otherwise I'd be all over those QB78s.
BTW, I just got two from another source and I'm pimping them out right now.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:40 pm 

I am tempted to grab one of these but they are all .177.

I did some Googling already but thought I would ask if it's hard to change from .177 to .22 caliber?

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:16 pm 

krawdad wrote:

I did some Googling already but thought I would ask if it's hard to change from .177 to .22 caliber?

You would have to get a .22 probe, in addition to a barrel of course. And then you have to tune it because it will be pretty low velocity in .22 cal otherwise. Can be done pretty easy, but if you want a .22 just buy a .22 it'll be cheaper in the long run. I believe a few retailers have the .22 cal. available.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:27 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
krawdad wrote:

You would have to get a .22 probe, in addition to a barrel of course. And then you have to tune it because it will be pretty low velocity in .22 cal otherwise. Can be done pretty easy, but if you want a .22 just buy a .22 it'll be cheaper in the long run. I believe a few retailers have the .22 cal. available.

Those are exactly my thoughts. Just wanted to ask in case I am missing something.

Thanks
Dave

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:12 pm 

I sold mine , but i had fun with it.. i really enjoyed the qb78.. with co2 it is easier to use the qb78 than it is with springers.

What i dislike about the qb78 (unmodified) is the lack of a purge valve... so you have to keep shooting or dry shooting until the pressure is low enough to unscrew the air chamber cap.

So not the best option if you just want to fire few rounds.. for couple of quick shots, a springer or a pcp are best...

Qb78 is a nice rifle, stock is nice too.. and because it is co2, it is scope friendly. Doesn't require airgun rated scopes unlike springer.

Just be aware of the valve cap impossible to remove with fresh co2 installed.

Remington Express Hunter break barrel
KWA QRF mod 3 Airsoft
G&G SMC9 Airsoft
Amoeba Striker 1 Airsoft
KJW 1911 Airsoft

GX CS3 air compressor