Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:57 pm 

Hi all,

I just changed the trigger spring on my NP2, using the McArbo kit. The trigger itself is light years ahead of what it was, but now, my safety doesn't work. I checked every photo and video I could see -but they didn't deal directly with the safety, so it wasn't very clear - but everything seems to be as it should.

Has anyone out there experienced this? Do you know of any resources for this issue?

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 12:21 am 

When you say that the safety doesn't work, what do you mean?

After I modified the trigger of my Benjamin Trail NP XL 25 by installing a 5 mm x 8 mm x 2.5 mm , the safety wouldn't work until I also modified the safety.

IIRC, I "dented" the cross section of the safety inward until it blocked the trigger movement.

Webley Viscount .177
Crossman 1377 Classic Pump .177
Diana Stormrider2 .22
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 12:25 am 

I tried to post a photo but it seems not to be visible. If this seems to be the issue, let me know and I will see what can be done about the photo.

Webley Viscount .177
Crossman 1377 Classic Pump .177
Diana Stormrider2 .22
Kral Mega Marine Walnut .22
Artemis PP750 .22
FX Streamline .22 walnut
FX Streamline .22 composite

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:40 pm 

The safety would not engage at all, it would just flop around like an old man's you know what. I contacted Crosman, but they said to send the gun back, they would fix it was a defect, but since I had changed the spring, I was pretty sure I'd end up with a bill. SO I checked, and a whole trigger group was like $22. I added a few other items (I needed) to get free delivery. It turns out that the safety spring got bent somehow or other, so it would either lock in place or not catch. Problem is, the way it was bent looked like it came from the factory that way. BTW, the people at Gravelle Agency were fantastic. Anyhow, I replaced the spring, and straightened the other one back up for a spare.

The trigger is far from great - wayyyyyy too much travel, but it is smooth and quite light. I've been getting 25-yd. groups in the sub 1/2 inch, but in almost every group, I seem to get one flyer. This is with the Crosman Premiere.

I also ordered some JSB Match Diabolo Straton Jumbo Monster .22 Cal, 25.39gr pellets, just for gits and shiggles. They would be a nice pellet if their quality control were better. At least half the pellets have deformed skirts. Of the 400 or so Premieres I've loaded, I have not noticed a single damaged skirt.