Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:06 pm 

I have a 3000 psi 13 cc HPA tank with standard paintball regulator set to 1100 psi. I need to change the belleville washer stack to turn the output down to 850-900 psi. I found this youtube that shows the same regulator I have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiiw28BjsKQ
I have inspected the internals of mine and it's identical. My plan is to remove a pair of the internal washers )( and try to see what the output pressure is. Here is where things get tricky... first, can I be sure the output pressure will decrease? Second, does the spring used to replace the removed belleville washers just serve to work against gravity and backlash when the tank is empty?
and third my plan to measure the output pressure is to attach a filler from the HPA via a paintball tether to my Hatsan air tube and see how much pressure builds in the Hatsan, any thing I should watch out for?

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:45 pm 

Well, the pressure test went OK. I pumped the Hatsan air tube to 50 bar, hooked up the HPA to the fill port and opened the HPA up and filled the Hatsan. The Hatsan gauge is pretty coarse, but its mid way between the 50 and 100 bar. I recon that means 1100 psi to two sig figs. So, all i need now is to start removing belleville washer to get 60 bar and I should be good. The downside is i have to drain the hpa to work on the regulator, and as a hand pumper that's 300 strokes. :( :lol:

Attachments:
HPA pressure test.jpg
HPA pressure test.jpg [ 490.1 KiB | Viewed 732 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:37 am 

Better you than me, Duke. I get tired just pumping up my bicycle tires.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:48 pm 

Hey Duke,
how do you bleed the excess air before disconnecting, i don't see an exhaust valve on your air hose

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:57 pm 

LOL, Very slowly withdraw the filler probe from the Hatsan air tube. I pondered this at some length, and determined the safe way would be to turn off the HPA valve, and attach the bleeder fitting and depressurize the Hatsan air tube. But the thought of losing all those pump strokes was disheartening, so I threw caution to the wind, pointed the filler probe in a safe direction and slowly pulled it out.. there was a brief, quite mild, puff of air, really nothing alarming or scary. As far as adjusting the output of the regulator, I just can't bring myself to deflate the HPA tank. I'll shoot it down to 1100 psi first. I found this fitting on e-bay. It may be a worthwhile purchase.

Attachments:
HPA gauge.JPG
HPA gauge.JPG [ 49.99 KiB | Viewed 703 times ]

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:29 pm 

pistolero wrote:
Hey Duke,
how do you bleed the excess air before disconnecting, i don't see an exhaust valve on your air hose

yeah his hose is missing the check bleed valve.... :|

Attachments:
s-l400.jpg
s-l400.jpg [ 20.71 KiB | Viewed 695 times ]