Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:08 am 

Diana Trailhawk, so Friday mourning I tried to replace the three cartridges in my gun the first two slid out as usual the last one was stuck.

First try, shake and tap after two minutes no movement, could have waked the the end of the stock with a rubber mallet but I thought I might brake the scope.

2nd try, wiggle with sharpen 1/4" dowel, didn't work.

3rd try, crazy glue a used CO2 cartridge to the stuck one, and pull out with attached wire, didn't work
Attachment:
IMG_20210625_111514 (Large).jpg
IMG_20210625_111514 (Large).jpg [ 238.06 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]

4th try, weld a tec screw to a piece of threaded rod, drill it into the cartridge, pull out, success. There was a few small metal shards the stopped the cartridge at the threads but a Q tip cleaned them out. The small dowel on the screw was my bearing to keep the screw centered.
Attachment:
IMG_20210625_120117 (Large).jpg
IMG_20210625_120117 (Large).jpg [ 262.08 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_20210625_120121 (Large).jpg
IMG_20210625_120121 (Large).jpg [ 167.93 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]

The cartridge may have been deformed or some small debris on the end. 3 hours I will never get back.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:12 am 

I had same problem with the CO2 cartridge getting stuck in my Artemis CR600W. A couple of hard bangs on the floor did get the cartridge out most of the time.

But was worried this might have an effect on the gun & it's accuracy.

So switched to the Mosa 12 gm. CO2. Have not had this problem since.

I find the Crosman brand CO2 has a bit thicker metal on the top, making it a bit harder to pierce. And requires you to tighten it down a bit more. This may be the cause of the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:44 pm 

Do the carts get pierced with a stroke of the hammer? Kinda like a cr 2240? If so... It might be stuck by dry firing the gun on an empty cart. Just an idea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:22 am 

Your mention of the 2240 stuck by dry firing made me cringe.
I struggled with that one for much of a very frustrating afternoon!
The cartridge spun when I tried to drill into the end of it and I was worried that my attempts to wedge it would damage the gun.
Eventually got a hole through it but am fairly certain that I damaged the seal since it does not get as many shots per cylinder any more.
I now make sure that I do not have a CO2 cartridge in it before dry firing - and always remove the CO2 before it is completely empty so that it blows itself out a bit.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:26 am 

Rob27 wrote:
.. and always remove the CO2 before it is completely empty so that it blows itself out a bit.
word.

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:26 am 

In a Trailscout all three cartridges get punctured at the same time. The end cap has a small cam leaver that has a plunger that compresses the cartridges after the cap is tight, one against the valve and the other 2 against the floating pin bushing. It is great idea that looks better than it works. I have a new PCP kral that I plan to use instead of this one, just can't decide on scope ( ATN, Sightmark, Pard)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:51 pm 

You might try converting it to pcp. I've done it on a few. I have a customer waiting for me to get one done with a gauge, and I haven't gotten to it yet. I have it all ready to go without the gauge, but I need to find a different T fitting to put a gauge on and the only ones I've found are npt which I don't really like as they leak so much easier than a seal type fitting.
So if you aren't worried about a gauge, you can just fill to 1500psi with your hand pump and figure out how many mags you get accuracy with and shoot that many before refilling. If you finish half way through a fill, next time just refill to 1500 and then you know where you are at.
I could send you the one end cap I have ready to go in exchange for the one you have if you're interested, for a bit of money to cover costs.
Wes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:39 am 

McRobert wrote:
The small dowel on the screw was my bearing to keep the screw centered.

Brilliant!
One of the things that I like best about these forums is the opportunity to see the simple and effective solutions to problems that otherwise can drive you crazy.
I am now almost looking for something that needs drilling like this so I can burn this solution into long term storage.
Thanks for sharing.
Rob

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk