Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:36 am 

! I received my new crosman pfam9b recently ! But I found an issue - black barrel (not inner 4.5mm tube)movable while slide pull back ! Black barrel can move back and forth Almost 1/2” . ! I don’t know it is design like that or This is defect production! Any one know that !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:44 pm 
Supporting Members

This is your 4th post on the same thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:46 pm 

Yes, but still not get reliable answer yet! Even I contact the crosman Canadian agency , they not quiet sure yet ! They still look into it !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:00 pm 

Leokingkai wrote:
Yes, but still not get reliable answer yet! Even I contact the crosman Canadian agency , they not quiet sure yet ! They still look into it !
That's easy fix (if need to)~ as I remember asked you if the gun just works fine or not and although I don't have the same gun, but for my checking on my M92A1 that's not the weld on design, so the movement and plays should be normal...

If the gun shoots normal, just enjoy it, if not, it's only another reason to return it, right? ;)

(don't believe Crosman would send back you an answer soon..... ..... ....)

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:56 pm 
Supporting Members

Leokingkai wrote:

Asking the same question over and over isnt helping. If you make another post like this you will be removed from the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:44 pm 

your gun is based on the reelsteel Beretta 92 and that is a gun with a short-recoil operated design with a free floating barrel and lug, recoil spring and guide rod arrangement as on the 9mm Beretta 92.

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:26 pm 

That is why I got confused ! I contact crossman Canada agency and they arrange me another return! Last time I paid 16$ For shipping , this time is free! But I talks them better make sure all like that or just some defects! I don’t want to waste time change it! But the headache is they don’t know even, and even they contact headquarter not get any accurate answer! now still waiting for them to look into it !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:30 pm 

But the pistol works no issue ! No major issue ! I guess floating barrel is not the flaw!thanks for all help

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:37 pm 

Leokingkai wrote:
That is why I got confused ! I contact crossman Canada agency and they arrange me another return! Last time I paid 16$ For shipping , this time is free! But I talks them better make sure all like that or just some defects! I don’t want to waste time change it! But the headache is they don’t know even, and even they contact headquarter not get any accurate answer! now still waiting for them to look into it !

The real question is why are you returning a good working gun?

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:38 pm 

Leokingkai wrote:
floating barrel is not the flaw!
it's the hallmark of a well-made, realistic replica.

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:42 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Leokingkai wrote:
That's easy fix (if need to)~ as I remember asked you if the gun just works fine or not and although I don't have the same gun, but for my checking on my M92A1 that's not the weld on design, so the movement and plays should be normal...

If the gun shoots normal, just enjoy it, if not, it's only another reason to return it, right? ;)

(don't believe Crosman would send back you an answer soon..... ..... ....)

Can I ask what is easy fix mean? Newbee for air pistol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:16 pm 

The 'fix' here you already done... If I get it right, two times already, right? It's returning the gun and get a replacement.

Question is just like Doc asked, if the gun works fine, why return it?

And to me, Crosman already done a good answer to their customers, accepted your request for no reason and finished the process as quick as possible... And it's normal that they don't 'why the design is like that'... I don't think the person on the email chain even have a chance to touch the gun you are talking about...

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:50 am 

The problem is my pistol the barrel moving so obviously while every time I pull back slide ! On youtube video I watch lots of review videos time by time and did not see any others has that problem! I just to make sure it ! Others my blow back pistol not had that problem! Wondering any one In this forum own this gun has same problem or not!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:52 am 

This is not a popular one, at least the first time I heard its name was from your post and Google it to see what it is... One last attempt I think you can try is if the seller (you bought directly from Crosman?!) accept returns? Can you just return it and get a refund to buy another make...

Before doing that, are you able to make a video to let us see how loose and how much plays the barrel is?? Maybe it's another way to let the expert here to judge if that's still within normal condition.....

~Target~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:37 am 

As mentionned by Michael, this is made by KWC and is another Taurus/Beretta 92 copy. Most of free floating barrel/blowback gun will have that movement. All my 1911, Glock 17/18, USP (Umarex), M'n'P 40, Dragon 7'', either BB's or airsoft gun have that same play ''THIS IS NORMAL''.
Unless the barrel is fixed. like the PP/k or CP99c, when you remove the slide, the barrel stay on the body because it is held by a screw into the body...

Go look at this...

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/videos/jiJjvonJLBc

SilentMan.... :drinkers:

p:s Stop looking for problem and enjoy it, it's one of the most fun gun to shoot...

6mm
Not enough and to many.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]