Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:52 pm 

Hi Brian
I plan to be there. Shooting open.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:49 pm 

Looks like 10 with Mike P and Jeff H.
We need people to post here or Brian and Jeff to post up numbers if they have email conformation.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:56 pm 

I think Lanny and James too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:09 pm 

topher1266 wrote:
Looks like 10 with Mike P and Jeff H.
We need people to post here or Brian and Jeff to post up numbers if they have email conformation.

Yes, I'm another newbie coming to make everyone else look good! :D
Hunter division please!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:22 am 

Tony_M73 wrote:
Good news for sure Brian.

If there are any Covid protocol requirements what are they?

WFTF PCP.

If I am the only entry for this division, then I will shoot Open PCP.

Will be great to see all you guys again.

Tony

Great Question! The club requests that we follow the regional bylaws as outlined here

https://www.hamilton.ca/coronavirus/fac ... sks-by-law

In summary, we are required to have face-covings in indoor spaces (which would be when entering the clubhouse). The club has sanitation at the range entrance and requests everyone sanitize their hands when entering and leaving. The range is considered outdoors. As match director, I would kindly ask that everyone respect each individuals personal situation, individuals preferences to wear masks and for everyone to stay at a safe physical distance.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:11 am 

Registration Update:

Open PCP -3
WFTF PCP - 1
WFTF Piston -2
Hunter PCP -4
Hunter Piston -2

Un-declared class - 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:32 am 

bdub wrote:
Tony_M73 wrote:
Good news for sure Brian.

If there are any Covid protocol requirements what are they?

WFTF PCP.

If I am the only entry for this division, then I will shoot Open PCP.

Will be great to see all you guys again.

Tony

Great Question! The club requests that we follow the regional bylaws as outlined here

https://www.hamilton.ca/coronavirus/fac ... sks-by-law

In summary, we are required to have face-covings in indoor spaces (which would be when entering the clubhouse). The club has sanitation at the range entrance and requests everyone sanitize their hands when entering and leaving. The range is considered outdoors. As match director, I would kindly ask that everyone respect each individuals personal situation, individuals preferences to wear masks and for everyone to stay at a safe physical distance.

One more question.

Does each individual mark his/her own scorecard?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:00 pm 

bdub wrote:
Registration Update:

Open PCP -3
WFTF PCP - 1
WFTF Piston -2
Hunter PCP -4
Hunter Piston -2

Un-declared class - 2

Just to clarify, I'll be in the Hunter PCP class.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:36 pm 

Good Evening,

There are only 4 spots available for Saturday's match. Please reach out to me ASAP if you want to attend and have not already registered / confirmed with me.

1) We have 20 confirmed participants and two fence sitters

- 4 Open PCP
- 1 WFTF PCP (may join Open group)
- 2 WFTF Piston + 2 fence sitters
- 6 Hunter PCP
- 4 Hunter Piston
- 3 haven't confirmed a class yet (John B, Danny K, Richard S)

2) I received some concerns about the standing and kneeling lanes. I decided to allow OPEN division participants to shoot the kneeling and standing lanes in a position they are able (sitting, modified kneeling, modified standing etc.) Hoping this change will work. We can revisit this approach for the next match if needed.

3) As mentioned in an earlier note, we need to follow city of Hamilton COVID protocols. This includes physical distancing while on club property and wearing masks when entering any indoor building (washrooms). As I think through the club's facilities, I believe we need to limit our numbers to 24 participants (groups of 3 per lane on every other lane) to ensure a safe physical distance can be achieved. While this may be unpopular with some, I believe it is the right decision for our first match.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday! If you haven't confirmed your spot and want to attend, I suggest you do it now!

Cheers,
Brian
Match Director

wernhamb@gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:20 pm 

bdub wrote:
Good Evening,

There are only 4 spots available for Saturday's match. Please reach out to me ASAP if you want to attend and have not already registered / confirmed with me.

1) We have 20 confirmed participants and two fence sitters

- 4 Open PCP
- 1 WFTF PCP (may join Open group)
- 2 WFTF Piston + 2 fence sitters
- 6 Hunter PCP
- 4 Hunter Piston
- 3 haven't confirmed a class yet (John B, Danny K, Richard S)

2) I received some concerns about the standing and kneeling lanes. I decided to allow OPEN division participants to shoot the kneeling and standing lanes in a position they are able (sitting, modified kneeling, modified standing etc.) Hoping this change will work. We can revisit this approach for the next match if needed.

3) As mentioned in an earlier note, we need to follow city of Hamilton COVID protocols. This includes physical distancing while on club property and wearing masks when entering any indoor building (washrooms). As I think through the club's facilities, I believe we need to limit our numbers to 24 participants (groups of 3 per lane on every other lane) to ensure a safe physical distance can be achieved. While this may be unpopular with some, I believe it is the right decision for our first match.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday! If you haven't confirmed your spot and want to attend, I suggest you do it now!

Cheers,
Brian
Match Director

wernhamb@gmail.com

May I suggest that the door to the washroom be left unlocked so as to minimize multiple people handling the key?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:53 pm 

22 confirmed - one fence sitter.

Working on some of the event details I.e washroom keyless access etc.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. See you Saturday.

Brian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:20 am 

Hi Brian, I might drop by if there is a space (looks to be busier since I last came - 2 years ago...). Let me know, if not see you next time.
Dorian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:45 pm 

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Thank you to the organizers and to the club members who hosted us today at HAHA and to the other participants who made it a very enjoyable day.

In spite of all the reassurance and encouragement ahead of time, I was still apprehensive about participating in my first organized event. I was not confident that I was a good enough shot to participate.

Well, my shooting was about as expected, but I had a great time and learned a ton.

I look forward to participating in future matches and improving on my results.

Thanks again everyone!

And for anyone else who has thought about joining a match and hesitated, I encourage you to get out and do it.

Rob27

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:09 pm 

Rob27 wrote:
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Thank you to the organizers and to the club members who hosted us today at HAHA and to the other participants who made it a very enjoyable day.

In spite of all the reassurance and encouragement ahead of time, I was still apprehensive about participating in my first organized event. I was not confident that I was a good enough shot to participate.

Well, my shooting was about as expected, but I had a great time and learned a ton.

I look forward to participating in future matches and improving on my results.

Thanks again everyone!

And for anyone else who has thought about joining a match and hesitated, I encourage you to get out and do it.

Rob27

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
I second the above statements. I had a great time. All the practices before the match did not help my nerves during the first half of the match.
I had trouble holding my monopod steady during the first half of the match. As a result, I kept on missing the closer targets. It finally settled down during the second half of the match, but it was too late.
I hope to do better next time. Thanks to all the people contributed to this match.
Special Thanks to Bob W., Chris H., James L., Jeff H. who gave me pointers on how to shoot FT matches. Thank you again!

Tom

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:55 am 

tom_ke888 wrote:
I kept on missing the closer targets. It finally settled down during the second half of the match, but it was too late.

Hmm~ a very good reason to go again ~

Hope I could make up the time for some practices and join you next time!

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe