Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:45 am 

I put an Altaros Regulator into my AA S400F, trying to increase shot to shot consistency and hopefully shot count as well.
I noticed that if I filled the gun to 200 bar the night before, next morning the regulated air pressure would be close to the air tube pressure, even if the regulator setting is 105-110 bar.
Upon contacting Altaros, they suggested that the air leakage most likely is not internal but through the outer o-ring on the regulator body. Either it was damaged during installation or the air tube is not smooth internally.
I removed the regulator and inspected the new o-ring that I installed. It was fine. However, sticking my finger inside the air tube I found the internal threads are extremely sharp, also I could feel some minor roughness on the air tube's internal surface.
I went to Canadian Tire and purchased a brake honing tool. Using some motor oil as lubricant. I honed the air tube's internal surface as far as I could reach with the honing tool from both ends of the air tube. After that, I cleaned the tube with brake cleaner spray then re-lubed with silicon grease/spray and reassembled the gun.
Last night before going to bed, I filled the air tube to 200 bar. The regulated air pressure was at 105-110 bar. This morning, The regulated air pressure is still at the same 105-110 bar.
I think the issue is resolved.ImageImageImage

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:03 pm 

Excellent! I also have an Altaros regulator but in a Hatsan AT44 air tube. The problem I had was leakage between the outer O-ring and the tube which I solved with honing the air tube as well. I think a set of brake hones, or ball hones in my case, are a very useful addition to the maintenance kit. I bought a litre of honing oil when I got my ball hones and most of it is still there. BTW, I first got the hones to take care of my break barrels compression chambers, deburred, and x-hatched. But I have used them on many other tubes since then. :drinkers:

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:37 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
Excellent! I also have an Altaros regulator but in a Hatsan AT44 air tube. The problem I had was leakage between the outer O-ring and the tube which I solved with honing the air tube as well. I think a set of brake hones, or ball hones in my case, are a very useful addition to the maintenance kit. I bought a litre of honing oil when I got my ball hones and most of it is still there. BTW, I first got the hones to take care of my break barrels compression chambers, deburred, and x-hatched. But I have used them on many other tubes since then. :drinkers:
Hi Duke,

Great idea for using it on piston guns. I may just try that next.

Your hands-on ability for sure is better than mine. Never took machine shop in high school, I am still learning to work on my guns with simple tools.

Thanks,

Tom

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:23 pm 

The Altaros reg leakage returned. This time I followed Altaros video to replace a small o-ring on the plastic adjustment nut. After much fiddling, the pressure was set at 100-105 bar. It stayed there for two days so far.
While the gun was apart, I cut the factory hammer spring by 1/2 coil then heated, reshaped, ground the coil ends. Also, adjusted the valve return spring tighter.
The result is a steady 12 fpe output for 80+ shots from 200 bar to 100 bar. Spread is around 20 fps.
I think the gun will be a great WFTF class FT shooter. Maybe I will keep it!ImageImageImage

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 TAS-AL00 發送

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4