Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:55 pm 

Home Defense Revolver 50
UK legal, I'm doubtful it's legal here in Canada though.
Check out the 68cal. double barrel coach gun as well.

https://youtu.be/uOS9cyoz62I

https://youtu.be/O6C2lskwfxE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:44 am 

Yeah you can find both in canada, I got the shotty myself. Fun thing to mess with if not to see what type of rounds you can launch :rolleyes:. We got the 7.5j version which can be tuned higher.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:43 am 

Drakes wrote:
Yeah you can find both in canada, I got the shotty myself. Fun thing to mess with if not to see what type of rounds you can launch :rolleyes:. We got the 7.5j version which can be tuned higher.

I've never shot an air gun above .25 caliber, will these things shoot a heavy round at a reasonable speed or are they just for airsoft type rounds?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:41 am 
Supporting Members

Fires less than lethal rubber or nylon........

Attachments:
IMG_3580.JPG
IMG_3580.JPG [ 1.53 MiB | Viewed 3769 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:20 pm 

I understand they shoot paintballs and "less than lethal" ammo. That is rubber balls & pepper balls.

I think AGS & Replica Airguns sell them in Canada. But the Canadian gun may be modified to shoot at lower FPS than the ones in the USA & Europe.

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/paintball-guns

If anyone has tried them out, please advise. Also, if anyone knows if the CDN versions have been detuned to lower the FPS, please advise.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:41 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
I understand they shoot paintballs and "less than lethal" ammo. That is rubber balls & pepper balls.

I think AGS & Replica Airguns sell them in Canada. But the Canadian gun may be modified to shoot at lower FPS than the ones in the USA & Europe.

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/paintball-guns

If anyone has tried them out, please advise. Also, if anyone knows if the CDN versions have been detuned to lower the FPS, please advise.

I have TR50 paintball revolver (Canadian version). In my understanding Canadian ones are not HDR meaning that they are 7.5 joules, and HDR ones selling in UK are 12.5 joules. I didn't modify it any way, I measured fps with chrono, but I didn't write it down. If I remember correctly my TR50 shoots somewhere around 350 with rubber balls and around 370 fps with nylon balls.

TR50 is definitely fun to shoot. .50 cal nylon ball easily goes through empty beer cans and milk cartons from 5m. Gun makes very satisfying .50 holes in cardboard targets and one CO2 cartridge it good for about 60 shots. But targets get shredded to the pieces very fast : ) Those nylon or rubber balls are sort of expensive comparing with pellets, but could be reused.

The only negative of this gun is that it's little bit tricky from the beginning to poke a CO2 cartridge. I think it's sort of downside of having cartridge stored in the gun not activated and ready to go when you hit knob on the bottom of the grip to pierce C02. If you screw piercing button too tight CO2 might not come in enough quantity to shoot well. Also it has some sort of unusual design in my observations - it looks like when you pull the trigger it's just unlocks co2 release valve and don't close it. This valve is probably closed by CO2 pressure after shot. Not sure it I described it correctly or even got it right, but in practical terms when gun runs low on CO2 you pull the trigger and nothing happens, then after a second or two seconds gun shoots. It can happen when piercing knob screwed in too tight, I think CO2 pressure doesn't build up instantly when CO2 is low or restricted. Just to be aware of it, it gun doesn't shoot, threat is as a hangfire in real gun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:32 pm 

Spaceman88 wrote:
Drakes wrote:

I've never shot an air gun above .25 caliber, will these things shoot a heavy round at a reasonable speed or are they just for airsoft type rounds?

It won't shoot that hard out of the box with the 7.5j version, it'll just barely shoot a paintball above 250fps I think. However if you're a hobbyist into taking things apart and tuning then options open up. The guys in germany love tinkering with this thing and you can get stuff like moulds to cast hotglue slug, HPA adapter if you wanna run a line/tank, theres videos on youtube on taking the hds68 apart.

I've made slugs with marble cores for that extra weight probably around 4-4.5g and probably shoots just over 300 fps after taking out the valve block.