Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:36 am 

Hi gents..my first post on the airgun forum.
I would like to ask few questions about a gun called Drozd Blackbird, that I just got.

This thing looks like new and the previous owner set it up to a Co2 with a quick detach airline (it came with 16 and 20 Co2 bottles)
It has some sort of aftermarket chip, that makes it go full auto and doubles the factory pre-set rates of fire.

I took it out on the weekend and it is lot of fun...however after firing about 2000 BB's in combinations of burst and full auto, my Co2 bottle froze up and I lost most of the power to the point, where I could see the pellets coming out of the barrel with naked eye.

An internet search revealed, that I should switch to HPA.
Here is where things get interesting...according to some sources one should never use HPA in air gun that was designed for Co2 (and vice-versa), because it could damage the gun.

I also caught a refference that someone made in regards to the Drozd conversion that a "Co2 filter" first has to be removed out of the gun.
I have no idea where this Co2 filter is and how to remove it.

I also read many suggestions of doing a "center mod", but nobody is able to explain what that is and how would one go about doing it?

Finally, lot of people seem to be talking about increasing the voltage on the Blackbird, but I'm not sure how this would be achieved?
It currently runs on 6x AA batteries.

Would anyone be able to address any of my questions in this regard?
Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:38 am 

HPA should be fine as long as you are aware of the PSI output of your air tank. I believe CO2 runs at around 900-1000 PSI, so a HPA tank with similar output should work just fine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:06 pm 

Drakes wrote:
HPA should be fine as long as you are aware of the PSI output of your air tank. I believe CO2 runs at around 900-1000 PSI, so a HPA tank with similar output should work just fine

Thank you.
So there are no physical filters to be removed from the gun then?
Just plug and play?

Do you know what kind of voltage increase is required to run HPA?