Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 100 pellets later
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:05 pm 

Shooting my Umarex DX-17 indoors today from various distances between approximately 4 and 7 meters. I set up a makeshift bb/pellet trap but will be making a better (and safer) one soon. Shooting Crosman Destroyer pellets and Umarex bb's. Too much fun to be legal. :lol:

The victims. :yawinkle:

Post subject: Re: 100 pellets later
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:12 pm 

I would be saving more as I usually shoot much more pellets / BBs onto one can~ ;)Image

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:53 pm 

hey skull. ya might as well have fun while it lasts. there are tons of homemade target ideas in this section. i,ve got a few here that you might like to try and make. you can make your own shoot and see ones out of paper tape and paint too. they work great and are a lot cheaper than store bought ones. don,t need to say have fun because it looks like you are.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:54 pm 

YepYep wrote:
I would be saving more as I usually shoot much more pellets / BBs onto one can~ ;)Image

ah yep yep. i,m pretty sure there isn,t a can shortage in ontario. lol.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:06 pm 

pete wrote:
YepYep wrote:

[emoji38] it depends on the demands ~

As my guns getting higher power after I have my PAL, I mostly to compress them before shooting them now...

And these some days, I put open sights back on and use more cans than before as I can't aim at the pellet size circles I draw on the bottom of the can with the 10x power scope and have to aim the whole bottom then shoot at the right center... ImageImage

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:02 pm 

Skull McShooter wrote:
Shooting my Umarex DX-17 indoors today from various distances between approximately 4 and 7 meters. I set up a makeshift bb/pellet trap but will be making a better (and safer) one soon. Shooting Crosman Destroyer pellets and Umarex bb's. Too much fun to be legal. :lol:

This is just the beginning. We'll see if the addiction takes you too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:14 pm 

YepYep wrote:

Oh those cans I show are not done yet! That was just for today. :lol:

I also was using my Daisy Powerline 340 bb pistol that I got on sale at CT last month for indoor shooting. For what this cheap gun is worth I can consistently hit the cans from 4-7 meters. It also rips through the cans nicely when hit in the right spot. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:15 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Skull McShooter wrote:

I want to get a cheap red dot sight for the DX-17. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:39 am 

YepYep wrote:
pete wrote:
YepYep wrote:

As my guns getting higher power after I have my PAL, I mostly to compress them before shooting them now...

And these some days, I put open sights back on and use more cans than before as I can't aim at the pellet size circles I draw on the bottom of the can with the 10x power scope and have to aim the whole bottom then shoot at the right center... ImageImage

Ohhh...something new to try. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:54 am 

Skull McShooter wrote:
YepYep wrote:
pete wrote:
[quote="YepYep"]I would be saving more as I usually shoot much more pellets / BBs onto one can~ ;)Image

Ohhh...something new to try. :D[/quote]

Be minded the BBs are under power to make dents on this form and be careful that they bouncing back to you~ ;)

I like use wadcutter flat nose pellets on them and I will also aim at the rim which some times the flat nose pellet from a PAL rated rifle would just make a dent and wouldn't go through. It stuck there or bounced straight back right in the front of me rest... That happened too many times... Image

~Target~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:10 pm 

YepYep wrote:
[

Be minded the BBs are under power to make dents on this form and be careful that they bouncing back to you~ ;)

I like use wadcutter flat nose pellets on them and I will also aim at the rim which some times the flat nose pellet from a PAL rated rifle would just make a dent and wouldn't go through. It stuck there or bounced straight back right in the front of me rest... That happened too many times... Image

Ok looks like I wont be trying this with my underpowered .177 bb/pellet pistols.... :lol:

I'll stick to punching holes through the side of the can. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:42 pm 

As warnings from Mr. jckstrthmghty, I believe you will need this idea soon~ ;) [emoji38]
jckstrthmghty wrote:
Skull McShooter wrote:
Shooting my Umarex DX-17 indoors today from various distances between approximately 4 and 7 meters. I set up a makeshift bb/pellet trap but will be making a better (and safer) one soon. Shooting Crosman Destroyer pellets and Umarex bb's. Too much fun to be legal. [emoji38]

~Target~