Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hallo!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:40 pm
Posts: 85
Hi, I am Sergei Bogolepov,MD from Novosibirsk,Russia. 70 y/o beginner. This August start shooting IZH 53 air-pistol. Just in my own appartment. Have some eye catharract and severe upperspine ostheoartritis )) What can be the first decent goal that worth achieving?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hallo!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:04 am
Posts: 1210
Sergei1950 wrote:
Hi, I am Sergei Bogolepov,MD from Novosibirsk,Russia. 70 y/o beginner. This August start shooting IZH 53 air-pistol. Just in my own appartment. Have some eye catharract and severe upperspine ostheoartritis )) What can be the first decent goal that worth achieving?


Welcome

The IZH-53 is a fine target shooting pistol. If you are interested in ISSF 10m which the IZH-53 was designed for, getting 10 out of 10 shots in the black portion of a regulation target is a good place to start. Consistency matters far more than hitting one "bullseye". If I had to give one piece of advice to any new pistol shooter using the irons, focus only on the front sight. The front sight should be sharp, the rear sight and target blurry.

Have fun with your excellent pistol.

_________________
I have some airguns.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hallo!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:40 pm
Posts: 85
jckstrthmghty wrote:
Sergei1950 wrote:
Hi, I am Sergei Bogolepov,MD from Novosibirsk,Russia. 70 y/o beginner. This August start shooting IZH 53 air-pistol. Just in my own appartment. Have some eye catharract and severe upperspine ostheoartritis )) What can be the first decent goal that worth achieving?


Welcome

The IZH-53 is a fine target shooting pistol. If you are interested in ISSF 10m which the IZH-53 was designed for, getting 10 out of 10 shots in the black portion of a regulation target is a good place to start. Consistency matters far more than hitting one "bullseye". If I had to give one piece of advice to any new pistol shooter using the irons, focus only on the front sight. The front sight should be sharp, the rear sight and target blurry.

Have fun with your excellent pistol.

Thanks a lot for excellent advice with sights. But actually IZH 53 is litter gun. Jumps unpredictactable due technical design. The youth competitors in my city (more than 1,5 million people) where not able to get more than 67 from 100 (ten shots). Coaches decided it will be never used in competitions. The minimum gun is IZH 46. I have got an old one 46 and shoot it today. Got only 141 from 200. Sometime hit the "white" at 5 and 6. (( It looks like that 150/200 or more than 75 from ten shots (minimum Marksman standard that I got from this forum) will be adequate starting goal. Keeping ten from ten in black can give about 80 from 100 ))) and it can take me to stable Marcman level ))


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hallo!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:04 am
Posts: 1210
Opps. My mistake. Yes the 46, not 57. Sorry about that. 80/100 is not bad. Most local matches are out of 600 so something else to work towards. Consistency over 60 shots is hard and tiring. For me anyways.

_________________
I have some airguns.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hallo!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:40 pm
Posts: 85
Today I have got only 70 from 100, not 80 ))) I think I better shoot from "bench" as recommended by ISSF for old guys like me plus practice a little bit stances for endurance and stability.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hallo!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 3673
Location: GTA, ON
The Izzy 46 is good~
Shooting bench rested is good too~
10 yards is a good distance too~ (in my basement I got 9 yards... Poor guy~)

Both the above are my plinking favorites~ ;) (sorry~ not competition favor~)

Welcome to the forum!

_________________
CZ200s Color Laminated tuned to 10fpe
AA ProSport 177 Walnut in 12fpe
FWB300S Universal
HW 30s / 35e
HW 40+Extender / Scoped P3 / 45 / 70 / 75
Russian Izzy 46M
2240 14" barrel carbine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hallo!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:40 pm
Posts: 85
YepYep wrote:
The Izzy 46 is good~
Shooting bench rested is good too~
10 yards is a good distance too~ (in my basement I got 9 yards... Poor guy~)

Both the above are my plinking favorites~ ;) (sorry~ not competition favor~)

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO