Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:39 pm 

Hey everyone
Sure this was asked a thousand times before... :|
But I can't seem to find the links and I'm new to this forum

So...
Where do you order your buna-n type o-rings for servicing your pcp?

I was gonna try The Oring Store in the US. But just want to make sure first that there's a Canadian equivalent here that would do the job

What I like about the O-ring Store is their online catalog that is dummy proof and so easy to find what you need by cross-section and ID

Any input is greatly appreciated

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:03 pm 
Site Moderator

Did you try calling your local hydraulics shops? Most of them will have Nitrile (buna) and often Viton in stock. Urethane seems to be a special order around here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:19 pm 

I could try and head down to Fastenal or something of the like

I'd rather order from a supplier online and go pick it up or have it delivered - COVID and all.

Just thought someone here might know what's the easiest way to go about it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:24 pm 

I bought a couple kits from Princess Auto, has many common sizes. Doesn't have the really thin ones though - need a specialty shop for them. I bought specialty O rings from e-bay in the past, but not recently. I also bought some really big ones (like 4") for a non-gun project off Amazon a few months ago. Amazon is quick, but be careful on the price gouging.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:59 pm 
Site Moderator

The nice part about buying locally is the convenience and cheap price. We have a hydraulics shop right by one of our WalMart stores and another 5 or more hydraulics shops scattered around our small city. A typical buna/nitrile o-ring is maybe 40 cents. If I only need a few they often don't even bother charging.

You can buy a big o-ring kit from Princess Auto or Tool Town but you won't need most of them. We did a similar posting a while back and I posted a pile of links for Metric and Imperial kits in Canada. Even WalMart and CanTire have o-ring kits to order. Also try Grainger, Fastenal, Home Depot and Home Hardware. Lots of options if you don't want to shop your local hydraulics shops.

topic87187.html?hilit=o%20rings

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:17 pm 

Thanks for the tips!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:33 pm 

There is Hi-tech seals in Boucherville with a bunch of o'rings.
There is another one in ville st-laurent with a great selection for metrics o'ring i dont remembre the name tho.

Weirhauch HW100 .22
Gamo Expomatic .177
Benjamin Marauder DougP custom stock
Theoben SlR98 .22
AlEx Custom gun .22 (JezX built masterpiece) :)
Hatsan Atp2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:01 pm 

You did not say anything what you need for , airguns?
I don't know the least expensive but more the high-end pistols and air rifles, the orings are dimensionally higher tolerances and most of them need higher quality oring materials as well.
I have for sure over thousand orings in my boxes, sorted per airguns, packed in a ziploc and storing in dark. Whenever I am expecting a need for any maintenance I buy a pack of 25 (common packaging) for each size.
I tried locals but really annoying the website are not up to date or need to call or visit, then the sales person usually some younger fellaw....wasting time...
oringsandmore from US so far the largest inventory I know and a pack of 25 is usually averaging 3-4-5 bucks.
fittings from UK, specialty accessories usually from EU, screws and fasteners from boltsandmore