Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Fun day on the range
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:51 pm 

A few of the HAHA members (Chris, Bob, and Jeff) invited a couple of us wannabe's (Tom and I) out for a shoot today. I decided to add a bit of fun and printed out a few "know your limit" targets, made up a board and a trophy.
For those not familiar with it - the challenge has been around for a long time and is used by many different types of shooting. The idea is that you shoot at progressively smaller target circles and get more points for hitting them as they get smaller, but you only can take one shot at each circle. You can stop at any time and stick with the points that you have because if you miss a shot you go to zero.
I put the board out at a reasonable (for me) distance of 30 yards.
Jeff went first and capably made the first 3 shots and then conservatively stopped with the early lead.
Bob went second and drilled the first 3 hitting not only the circle, but almost exactly the printed text in the circle that he wanted. This fed a sense of confidence.... can you guess where this is going? Shot # 4 target is about 14mm diameter, Bob pulled it low and right and dropped to zero points.
Chris went next, hit the first 3, then hit #4 to edge Jeff out for the lead. He decided to stop and not take on the last target (6mm dot).
I shot next - made the first 3 - decided to go for #4 and... just clipped enough of the edge to squeak into a tie.
Tom shot next - and by now there were 4 other scopes watching every shot - and made 4 shots and stopped.
So - 3 way tie - time for a shoot - off.
In all the excitement I lost track of some of what happened next - Tom missed one. I stopped after 3, then Chris hit 3 and...missed #4.
So the trophy came back home with me - the least skilled shooter of the bunch!
(By the way, after the first round Chris shot through a hole on the edge of the target just to show he could, and Bob eventually shot the smallest dot).
Thanks for another great day guys!
Rob27

Post subject: Re: Fun day on the range
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:55 pm 

Pics.
The target
The evidence
The trophy on my mantle!ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:08 pm 
Site Moderator

Sounds like fun. What shooting position did you use?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm 

Yes, it was a lot of fun and no one would have expected that outcome!

We used whatever position you would usually use in your class of FT since we had shooters that fit in 3 different classes.

If anyone wants the pdf of the target you can find several different ones with a quick web search or PM me with your email and I will send you what I have.
Rob