Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:34 pm 

I had to post this shooting result I had with my TX200HC in .22cal. Shoots 15.5 FPE
My TX was shooting with way too much hold sensitivity for a Synth. Bearing etc. etc. spring rifle.
So I removed the giant scope I had on it previously and switched it for the famous el cheapo 2-7X32 Winchester scope.
Ace had given it too me as a gift and wala !!
It's unbelievably harmonized to the action behavior of the TX. Wow it was shooting different like in a state of tune as it should.
Well I'm very pleased the fun factor went up huge after I did this switch. I've owned many TXs but I have never gone any smaller in scope size than a Dusk T Dawn 4-16x40 Bush. But with this top 10 Recoil proof scope, it is the jam !! I can hit any dust particles still from 11 yards lol ... indoor ...
I thought anyone out there that loves craftsmanship must own a TX. But few people know just how much fun you can squeeze out of this magic gun.
Cheers,
Captain Air

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:03 pm 
Site Moderator

What was the other scope you had on the TX? Do you think the recoil was messing with the adjustments on the other scope?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:15 pm 

I read somewhere that a heavy scope can change the way in which the rifle moves during the shot cycle. It makes sense since a heavier scope would have more inertia, and more momentum once in motion. The greater the distance between the centerlines of the bore and the scope, the more pronounced the effect, I would think.
We don't notice the effect with powder burners since the recoil is unidirectional.
Springers rock and roll, literally. Its amazing we can hit anything with them.

I balance my springers by adding weight under the buttplate to balance the gun where my left hand supports the forend.
My Remington Express Wood had a section of the wood stock routed out under the recoil pad. The only reason I can think of would be adding weight.

Nothing works and I don't know why.

Two lathes and too many projects

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:48 am 

Hi Todd and Rick ,
I had the Viikko 4.5-27 X 50 on the TX and no it didn't mess with the adjustments it is just big and heavy (caused more recoil). it's strong so far, holds it's settings well. I try all my scopes on all my rifles and pistols & switch them back and forth it's crazy ... it's a my only narcissistic behavior lol. I think.
So what I have determined was the scopes that were put on the highly tuned rifles never created more recoil and if I wanted to use a scope on a Howister air rifle of mine then only the Banners, Scope Chief and now the Winchester El Cheapo was a pleasure .. point and shoot. It is lighter so much less recoil. I shoot the TX more now then ever before because it's so predictable & maneuverable. Now that I finally let my ego to not care about that tough bad buttock muscular look of the TXs 972 etc. when they're fitted with FT scope because we love that look.
Cheers,
Captain Air