Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:33 pm 

Colt firearms has been bought by Czech gunmaker CZG

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstor ... d=msedgntp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:00 am 

Should be interesting. CZ has already stated thier ambitious income goals. Not sure how that relates to the consumer market. From what I read this gives CZ access to the large military contracts held by Colt. Would be cool if they resurrected they python. Highly unlikely but fun thinking about it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:39 am 

So sad CZ quit making air guns...
TBH, the firearms, military contracts and businesses looks much more serious than the air gun stuffs....

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:26 pm 

Hopefully QC will improve... as much as I liked the older (50s-60s) Colt... the stuff from the 80s-90s wasn't all that impressive.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:42 pm 

A re-make of the Python came out last year, seems to me (might have been 2 years ago), however it is different internally seems to me, from the testing I read.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:57 pm 

sillymike wrote:
Hopefully QC will improve... as much as I liked the older (50s-60s) Colt... the stuff from the 80s-90s wasn't all that impressive.

If it a CZ, it should. But alot of US companies do it to themselves. Quantity over Quality. With non existing QC. Look how Remington fell.. When you start making crappy products it is bound to bite you. How many trigger re calls did they go thru in the last couple years? They destroyed Marlin and I doubt Ruger is going to save them, because they got their own issues.

I remember my last Ruger I bought, the mount was D&T crooked, almost like meant for a Homie G, 6 months to get a replacement, to get one with a crooked front sight.. That they said, well we noticed it, and fixed it good enough. I said why bother even sending it to me. I swore off Ruger. Decided I wanted a 1022 and bought a New Ruger 1022 Lite, and the barrel sleeve is crooked..

Here is Colt Canada messing up machine guns.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national ... olt-canada