Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hello From Toronto
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:46 pm 

I am new to air guns. I was interested in a replica but realized you needed an air gun. So I got a glock bb gun. I then ordered a diana chaser however it is dawning on me I don't have anywhere to fire these guns and my wife is dead set against an indoor range so.... I will keep the replica and looking to sell the diana chaser nib as well as bbs co2 cartridges and pellets.

Post subject: Re: Hello From Toronto
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:05 pm 

Welcome Tzinc. Best wishes on your endeavour.
Stick around, seems to me there is an air-gun range in TO, or close enough, maybe Hamilton or Ancaster.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:02 am 

Hello Tzinc, I'm brand new to CAF too, I understand the lack of available shooting space being a bit frustrating and it is one of the several reasons I renewed my airgun interest using a multi-pump unit. Multi-pump airguns can moderate the power level thereby making it plausible for basement/indoor use (safety glasses, good backstop). Consider a Crosman 760 based rifle or 1377 based pistol, they're both accurate when in good working condition and either is small or short enough in relation to an indoor space. I think you would also observe that BBs are far more likely to bounce than soft lead.

And... introduce your wife to indoor target practice via some fun videos with the airguns present and in view so she can easily relate, and then gently replicate the process with her, starting with basic safety and handling techniques to build confidence that "accidents" can and will be avoided by the user(s), incrementally and regularly. It's likely she will lose her fear (fear being based on lack of understanding) and become agreeable, even eager, to begin shooting with you.

Make some holes in the mental fencing that so many people harbour, and teach that freedom and responsibility are married... awaken the spirit and individuality. 'Let' her know that freedom excludes one party controlling one's lifestyle and choices. Else the controlled party complies with some third party's arbitrary polices, and that's too much to give, imho.

I hope you are successful, keep the faith.

ps: Daryl - I would be interested in any information about nearby airgun ranges that you or anybody can point to - thanks.

"As to the evil which results from censorship, it is impossible to measure it, because it is impossible to tell where it ends."
- Jeremy Bentham

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:01 pm 

I'm in BC - lots of places to shoot here about anywhere on Crown land, or at the range.
Hopefully someone from your area will chime in.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:56 pm 

welcome to CAF
unfortunately the Toronto range has closed down