Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:02 pm 

Good video on the Leishy 2...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF1bEIdSwRU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:23 pm 

After watching the video I would say the middle section with the trigger is the receiver/gun part as far as Canadian law is concerned.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:33 am 

The Leishy 2 fits nicely in a Pelican 1495 (laptop) case.

Attachments:
File comment: In "backpack mode"
P9230004.JPG
P9230004.JPG [ 375.32 KiB | Viewed 896 times ]
File comment: Top-down view in case.
P9230002.JPG
P9230002.JPG [ 331.5 KiB | Viewed 896 times ]
File comment: In Pelican 1495.
P9230003.JPG
P9230003.JPG [ 352.28 KiB | Viewed 896 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:00 pm 

The magazine fits onto the rear of the breech from what I have seen in this particular gun.
It appears to have a 2-part breech, not a single breech, as the tank-system is part of the workings of the breech.
When the law was written, this gun was not in production & this gun seemingly is a one-off situation, an anomaly,
which is likely one reason why it was difficult and took "some" time for it to be allowed into this country.
No gun laws are really well written.

Enjoy it while you are allowed. What constitutes the receiver on this gun, really has zero importance anyway, regardless
the criminal code definitions.

Just look at the current "replica" law that states all replicas of real guns are prohibited if they discharge a projectile
under "X" fps, 366fps I think it was. That one has been on the books for decades yet seems to not have been enforced,
thus, all the replicas today.

According to the Canadian Firearms Centre, "An airsoft gun, firing a .20g 6mm plastic pellet with a muzzle velocity below 111.6 m/s
(366 fps), and resembling with near precision an existing make and model of a firearm, other than an antique firearm, is a replica firearm
and therefore a prohibited device."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:06 am 

Daryl wrote:
Just look at the current "replica" law that states all replicas of real guns are prohibited if they discharge a projectile
under "X" fps, 366fps I think it was. That one has been on the books for decades yet seems to not have been enforced,

According to the Canadian Firearms Centre, "An airsoft gun, firing a .20g 6mm plastic pellet with a muzzle velocity below 111.6 m/s
(366 fps), and resembling with near precision an existing make and model of a firearm, other than an antique firearm, is a replica firearm

Your post has confused me. This isn't a replica gun, nor is it airsoft. I'm not sure what you're trying to get across here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:07 am 

delooper wrote:
Daryl wrote:

Your post has confused me. This isn't a replica gun, nor is it airsoft. I'm not sure what you're trying to get across here.

He basically saying our laws make no sense.

Research Bill C21. Basically it is going to put a end to Airsoft. But doesn't stop there, It also includes most Sub 500 FPS airgun. Since the government likes to use improper terms, to describe stuff. So replica is a copy of, in their mind. So if they make a Leshy over 500 FPS, being this is under 500 FPS, this would be a replica, under the new law.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:23 am 

Pretty sure this Canadian Leishy is full power isn't it? I didn't hear of a low power one in Canada yet. Pretty amazing they let this one in as a non restricted full power, but that's wonderful anyway.

Sent from my RMX2111 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:29 am 

Sorry I assumed it is a pistol.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:39 pm 

IT "takes down", with the tank swinging to the side, leadslinger. It cannot be fired in folded condition, but the tank must be locked against the rear of the "receiver"
to be fired.
It looks like a pistol in the folded 'condition" only, or with the tank removed as it is in the case.

The red wheel at the back of the folded pistol, is the magazine, just sitting out in the air with ZERO method of firing it without the butt/tank locked in place.

https://www.edgunleshiy.com/

The MAIN problem concerning sub-500fpe "Canadian" versions of air rifles, since there is a higher powered 'firearms' version (somewhere), the lower powered air rifles are now replicas of
the over 500fps, thus "regulated" firearm.
The use of the words "replica of a regulated firearm", includes ALL air guns that are classified as firearms. As Leadlinger noted, due to the wording, all non-firearm air guns
come under that replica heading, except for the Red-Ryder BB gun, however even that one can be noted as being a replica of a model 94 Winchester. Go figure.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:03 pm 

Daryl wrote:
IT "takes down", with the tank swinging to the side, leadslinger. It cannot be fired in folded condition, but the tank must be locked against the rear of the "receiver"
to be fired.
It looks like a pistol in the folded 'condition" only, or with the tank removed as it is in the case.

The red wheel at the back of the folded pistol, is the magazine, just sitting out in the air with ZERO method of firing it without the butt/tank locked in place.

https://www.edgunleshiy.com/

The MAIN problem concerning sub-500fpe "Canadian" versions of air rifles, since there is a higher powered 'firearms' version (somewhere), the lower powered air rifles are now replicas of
the over 500fps, thus "regulated" firearm.
The use of the words "replica of a regulated firearm", includes ALL air guns that are classified as firearms. As Leadlinger noted, due to the wording, all non-firearm air guns
come under that replica heading, except for the Red-Ryder BB gun, however even that one can be noted as being a replica of a model 94 Winchester. Go figure.

Yes I know, I assumed it was a pistol and I was wrong.

AGS only sells the full power version, and it is a Non Restricted Rifle. So it wouldn't be a replica..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:27 pm 

I'm pretty sure it'll fire a 30gr 0.22 supersonic, if you tune it appropriately, and have a long-enough barrel. I believe 350mm will do it. 250mm might be a stretch.

I think most people tune them to the 600-800 fps range for varmint hunting. That way it doesn't make too much noise, and the air charge lasts quite a while longer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:44 pm 

wow for a first PCP you really started with a bang! Also I wouldn't really worry about which part is the receiver. All non-restricted guns are not registered so it's not like you have to have extra registration buying extra stock/barrel/etc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:07 pm 

ineedpal wrote:
wow for a first PCP you really started with a bang! Also I wouldn't really worry about which part is the receiver. All non-restricted guns are not registered so it's not like you have to have extra registration buying extra stock/barrel/etc

It's not a concern of mine. Canadian firearms law is a little peculiar. I view it as a mental exercise to help me digest the peculiarities of our firearms laws. I mean, it's important to know the laws of the land. Might as well make the process as entertaining as it can be.

I'm starting to think that because of the protruding safety, maybe a trigger lock isn't the most appropriate for this gun. Perhaps running a small padlock through the magazines would be more appropriate.

Regarding "starting with a bang", as a kid (in the 80's) it was my responsibility to patrol the family farm and shoot gophers. I used a pump-action 0.22. I suppose the Leishy 2 is the gun of my fantasies from back then. I would have loved to be able to fold my .22 up and throw in my backpack. Semi-auto would have been a plus, too, although I never really had a need for it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:55 am 

Still slowly setting up the Leishy 2. Waiting on a scope and a 2nd barrel.

It seems in US law the Leishy 2 and all airguns have no definition for the term receiver, as airguns aren't regulated as firearms.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:54 am 

Late to the party on this one. Since the purchase of my .25 Leshiy . My other guns have either gone up for sale or have been left on the wall hanging out. This is a true small game slayer pushing 44 FPE out of that short 350mm barrel. Here she is in the wild .The pic was taken at a friends place where we can shoot with just about zero wind out to 150 yards. I’ve got an original FX smooth twist barrel on the way to be fitted to it . This should push it well beyond 60fpe with an increase or regulated air pressure.

Attachments:
6841AC19-778F-49DF-B375-38215BC176D0.jpeg
6841AC19-778F-49DF-B375-38215BC176D0.jpeg [ 176.9 KiB | Viewed 661 times ]