Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: New from Ontario
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:12 pm 

Hi All,

I've been lurking in the forum for a while and figured I should officially join. Haven't used an airgun since I was a mid-teen a few decades ago, but the pandemic lockdown has revived the interest and I've since ended up with an excess of airguns. I'm in the middle of suburbia so all I can do is plink in the basement but it's been fun.

Still have the first "air rifle" I owned - a Daisy BB rifle that I think was called the Western Carbine. Probably got it when I was about 12. The forend is missing but I still keep it around. My second air rifle was a Gecado 27 which I sadly no longer have.

vrm

Post subject: Re: New from Ontario
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:38 pm 
Supporting Members

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the intro. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:52 pm 

Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:37 pm 

Welcome to the forum, vrm.
That BBgun is a blast from the past.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:31 pm 

I don't know much about that model of BB gun actually. I always figured it was a variation of the Red Ryder.

Thinking back I remember having a Daisy BB pistol that looked like a Colt Peacemaker. You loaded maybe 12 BB's into what would have been the Peacemaker ejector tube and thumb cocked the pistol for each shot. The internal aluminum breech eventually broke.

vrm