Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:51 pm 

Does anyone know where I can get a trigger like the CDT GRT III trigger? They will not ship to Canada and their only distributor that I can find has no stock and doesn't seem to give any indication of getting more. I've seen reference to a Canadian version but I can't find any links that are not dead. Any help here?

Thanks.
BTW... the gun I'm looking to put it in is a Crosman Vantage .22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:02 pm 

I'm a fan of the ETA trigger mod. I have done it many times and have compared it with the "gold" triggers and found them to be identical. topic33910.html

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:08 pm 

^^^ This ^^^

Scopes and Ammo used to carry a 2-stage replacement trigger, but I think they no longer do.

A few years ago I made my own 2-stage trigger blade, with 2 adjusting screws. You don't need to mess with the safety, as the trigger is in the same position as before, and you get a nice 1 lb 6 oz crisp 2-stage trigger. This one's in SS.

Attachments:
2-stage_B19_trigger.JPG
2-stage_B19_trigger.JPG [ 87.11 KiB | Viewed 1157 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:45 am 

I had done basic smooth and lube on my Crosman triggers. I also compressed the springs a little. I tried replacing and removing the lower spring. Those were subtle improvements, I was being cautious. I wanted to be sure I was doing it right, that it was safe to cock and shoot. I finally did a real modification these last weekends on this Optimus. It's the bearing mod, mine's rough and basic, it was a green pen cap. And I replaced the adjustment screw with a longer one, with a little help from a friend. And I drilled the guard to access the adjustment screw. Works great, a real improvement. I may get an actual roller bearing and allen screw sometime.

Attachments:
IMG_0646 copy.JPG
IMG_0646 copy.JPG [ 92.49 KiB | Viewed 1132 times ]

.177 Cometa Fusion, Vantage 3-9x40
.177 Cometa Fenix LT, Endurance 4-16x50
.22 Cometa Fenix, Airmax 3-9x40

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:39 am 
Site Moderator

eSteve wrote:
I had done basic smooth and lube on my Crosman triggers. I also compressed the springs a little. I tried replacing and removing the lower spring. Those were subtle improvements, I was being cautious. I wanted to be sure I was doing it right, that it was safe to cock and shoot. I finally did a real modification these last weekends on this Optimus. It's the bearing mod, mine's rough and basic, it was a green pen cap. And I replaced the adjustment screw with a longer one, with a little help from a friend. And I drilled the guard to access the adjustment screw. Works great, a real improvement. I may get an actual roller bearing and allen screw sometime.

Did you just replace the original adjustment screw (in the black plastic block) with the longer one? That's what I did and found that a little screwdriver bit works well to adjust. The screw turns easily and the bit can be kept in your pocket.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:25 am 

I don't want to lighten the pull. It is light enough, the problem is it is a total mystery when it will let go. There is no tactile hint, it is just one long smooth pull that seems to go on and on then bang. It is impossible to feel when I get to the second stage. Is this normal?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:47 am 

Headdamage wrote:
I don't want to lighten the pull. It is light enough, the problem is it is a total mystery when it will let go. There is no tactile hint, it is just one long smooth pull that seems to go on and on then bang. It is impossible to feel when I get to the second stage. Is this normal?

It's normal with the stock trigger. With the trigger mod I suggested, or a GRT/GTX type trigger blade, you will get a distinct stop after the first pseudo stage and the trigger will break crisply and predictably after that. Remember, these trigger blades/mods do not give a true 2-stage trigger but the feel is similar. HIH.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:16 pm 
Site Moderator

Headdamage wrote:

It sounds like you are first taking up the trigger spring movement (fake 1st stage) and then your second stage has too much sear engagement so it also feels long and creepy. You could shorten up your second stage a bit and still keep it safe (adjust screw inwards). A GTX mod gives you a true 2-stage trigger for safety.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:37 pm 

I would like a true two stage or a good imitation of it but can't find anyone selling one. CDT is the only place I can find and they will not ship to Canada.

On a related note, why do so many US companies seem to think that shipping to Canada is like trying to send something to Mars? It seems very odd to me that I can buy and have shipped items from the UK for less than something coming from the US (not just gun parts but other things as well). And when they will ship it takes freaking weeks or months for the parts to arrive. There are exceptions, Pyramid Air seems to be able to ship me things with little to no delay and for not too bad a price. Some other places seem to need more for shipping that the cost of the parts most times and even then they manage to either send it on a slow boat around the planet first or screw up the paperwork to the point that it goes into some alternate dimension from which I may or may not ever get delivered (looking at you Alliance Hobby, I'm waiting on several items from them that I ordered back in Aug).

I placed an order with Gmac, in the UK the same day that I ordered from Pyramid and Alliance. Gmac arrived in about a week with cheap shipping, Pyramid was about two weeks and was a little expensive on the shipping, Alliance had cheap shipping but has not arrived and tracking doesn't seem to work.

Anyway... all I want in this tread is to order from CDT and they can't/will not ship to Canada, I don't get it. They say I need to order from their EU dealer but that dealer has no stock. And to top it off CDT had a minor rant of their own about how someone in Canada has stolen their trigger design and is selling counterfeit copies of it, please tell me who and I'll buy if from them.

Sorry, rant off now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:14 pm 

Headdamage wrote:
And to top it off CDT had a minor rant of their own about how someone in Canada has stolen their trigger design and is selling counterfeit copies of it, please tell me who and I'll buy if from them.

Sorry, rant off now.

LOL, you are missing some history there, just search the forum - much of the drama is recorded.
This may help, I have had one of these and they are identical to GRT/GTXII design.
https://www.woodfield-gcp.co.uk/shop/p/ ... gger-blade

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:24 pm 
Site Moderator

Yah, same thing with Archer Airguns. They seem to be the only place with the B3 (WF-600) sear springs... but they won't ship to Canada. I can't even cross the border to pick up a package until Biden decides to open up to us.

You might be able to find an American airgunner on our forum who would do a favour for you. You could have the trigger shipped to him and he could send it to Calgary. Unfortunately you end up paying twice for shipping but it should only be about $10Cdn to ship within the USA.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:35 pm 

Headdamage wrote:
I would like a true two stage or a good imitation of it but can't find anyone selling one. CDT is the only place I can find and they will not ship to Canada.

On a related note, why do so many US companies seem to think that shipping to Canada is like trying to send something to Mars? It seems very odd to me that I can buy and have shipped items from the UK for less than something coming from the US (not just gun parts but other things as well). And when they will ship it takes freaking weeks or months for the parts to arrive. There are exceptions, Pyramid Air seems to be able to ship me things with little to no delay and for not too bad a price. Some other places seem to need more for shipping that the cost of the parts most times and even then they manage to either send it on a slow boat around the planet first or screw up the paperwork to the point that it goes into some alternate dimension from which I may or may not ever get delivered (looking at you Alliance Hobby, I'm waiting on several items from them that I ordered back in Aug).

I placed an order with Gmac, in the UK the same day that I ordered from Pyramid and Alliance. Gmac arrived in about a week with cheap shipping, Pyramid was about two weeks and was a little expensive on the shipping, Alliance had cheap shipping but has not arrived and tracking doesn't seem to work.

Anyway... all I want in this tread is to order from CDT and they can't/will not ship to Canada, I don't get it. They say I need to order from their EU dealer but that dealer has no stock. And to top it off CDT had a minor rant of their own about how someone in Canada has stolen their trigger design and is selling counterfeit copies of it, please tell me who and I'll buy if from them.

Sorry, rant off now.

Well Charlie De Tuna passed away several years ago. He had a business partner leave and made his own. Scopes and Ammo used to sell the clone. I used to get harped by the boys at GTA for not supporting him, but I was like how can I when they don't want to ship to me? so I'll take what I can get.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:50 pm 

TCooper wrote:
eSteve wrote:
I wanted to be sure I was doing it right, that it was safe to cock and shoot.

I replaced the adjustment screw with a longer one, with a little help from a friend.

Works great, a real improvement. I may get an actual roller bearing and allen screw sometime.

Did you just replace the original adjustment screw (in the black plastic block) with the longer one?
Yes, I replaced the original adjustment screw with a longer one.

Headdamage wrote:
The original adjustment screw adjusts the trigger travel. Replacing it as a temporary improvement may get you very close to your ideal action, while trying to source a new trigger. Maybe try, it's easy and fun.

.177 Cometa Fusion, Vantage 3-9x40
.177 Cometa Fenix LT, Endurance 4-16x50
.22 Cometa Fenix, Airmax 3-9x40

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:18 pm 

I will not rant again but good luck finding a m3x10mm screw on a weekend in Calgary :)

I'll get one during the week and try that. I was just taking a close look at my trigger and I can see how this might be enough to do what I want.

Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:15 pm 

Headdamage wrote:
I will not rant again but good luck finding a m3x10mm screw on a weekend in Calgary :)

I'll get one during the week and try that. I was just taking a close look at my trigger and I can see how this might be enough to do what I want.

Thanks guys.

HA,

I'm often disappointed in my town.