Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:33 pm 

Hi. the gun is about 5 years old, rarely used,
and I probably froze and broke a seal inside the gun as I was anxious to empty the co2 cartridges too fast , so I was charging and empty firing extremely rapidly.... at a point I could hear the gun hissing and loosing pressure alone.... so in you opinion what is likely the broken part(s) ? and what kit should I buy ? this gun is under 500 fps, are there kits for increasing velocity as well?

thanks for your help
stef.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:16 pm 
Supporting Members

Put a fresh co2 in it.......more than likely the low pressure stopped it from sealing. Pull back the bolt before putting it in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:06 pm 

notec wrote:
Put a fresh co2 in it.......more than likely the low pressure stopped it from sealing. Pull back the bolt before putting it in.

thank you . will do this.... but may I ask why leaving the bolt open?
thank you

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:02 pm 
Supporting Members

It keeps the back powerlet from getting pierced until the cap is screwed on. The forward one will be pierced first by the cap. Otherwise you can have the rear one pierced before the cap is seated. Its not overly important, but it will save you from losing a bit of co2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:46 am 

You can certainly try what was suggested by Notec, but my money would be on bits of the filter being wrapped around the valve poppet (unless you removed it already?) Pretty common with qb's, just dis assemble and remove what's left of the filter. You'll need a large flat blade screw driver to loosen the aluminum valve half...or a piece of 1/8"x3/4" flat bar to act as such.

Filter is the felt piece in the bottom right;

Good luck,
Al

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:26 am 

What they said, and as an alternative, put an empty powerlet neck first down the tube and a new one neck out and screw on the cap. This way you are sure to not waste more than 1 powerlet.
Pulling the valve out requires a complete disassembly of the rifle. So, if you want to take it in steps to avoid this, make sure to lube your filler cap o-ring with whatever snake oil you like ( Pelgun oil, ATF, SAE30 etc) and put a couple drops on the rear powerlet to help lube the valve O ring. Before loading the powerlets, put your valve tool down the tube and make sure the valve halves are tight, squeezing the oring and thus making a good seal. If it doesn't leak you get away lucky and you can carry on as normal. If it still leaks, then pull the valve down, remove the felt and replace the tube cap and valve O rings with CO2 compatible O-rings EPDM is what I use.
HIH.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:40 pm 

thanks everyone.

no luck.... I just did a test with one fresh cartridge and it's still hissing....and no power at all coming form the end of the barrel. no bang sound neither.... just the hissing noise from near the receiver.....

I found this one on youtube from a seal kit seller..... I don't think it addresses the valve though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUY4wjX ... Rw&index=2

anybody knows of a better totu for your proposed repairs ?

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:03 pm 

herbeapuce wrote:
thanks everyone.

no luck.... I just did a test with one fresh cartridge and it's still hissing....and no power at all coming form the end of the barrel. no bang sound neither.... just the hissing noise from near the receiver.....

I found this one on youtube from a seal kit seller..... I don't think it addresses the valve though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUY4wjX ... Rw&index=2

anybody knows of a better totu for your proposed repairs ?

thanks

Here's another vid, seems to be well detailed on disassembly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_isn5MO6WY

Salut :wink: .