Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Chiappa FAS 6004
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:45 am 

I can afford me this italian pistol. But is it worth buying? Rewiews say it is well build and fun to shoot. Not not very accurate and the energy is much less than manufactor claims

Post subject: Re: Chiappa FAS 6004
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:50 am 

I like it too... However I hesitated a few times just because it's power rating and reviews on the power... And later, I eliminated my mind on buying one as 300ish muzzle speed just useless and there are a lot better choices around...

Regarding the 6004, I actually want the other one SIG Super Target much more... It's said these two pistol have the same power plant (for example, just like a P17 and a XP-4?!), but I like the look of the SIG much more... However, that daxn slow muzzle speed just killed my dream again and again... :(

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:53 am 

My understanding is the 6004 is very accurate and a great ssp for starter 10m but a step down from the izh 46 that you used before. Next up from the IZH 46 would be pcp. Lower power shouldn't matter other than requiring quality target paper for clean scoring unless you plan to use it for other purpose as well. Rodent control or whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:01 am 

YepYep wrote:
I like it too... However I hesitated a few times just because it's power rating and reviews on the power... And later, I eliminated my mind on buying one as 300ish muzzle speed just useless and there are a lot better choices around...

Regarding the 6004, I actually want the other one SIG Super Target much more... It's said these two pistol have the same power plant (for example, just like a P17 and a XP-4?!), but I like the look of the SIG much more... However, that daxn slow muzzle speed just killed my dream again and again... :(

6004 and Sig are target guns, not a hunting gun. So speed isnt a big deal as it made mainly for accuracy and a purposely built for entry level 10m shooting.

So not everything is all about speed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:44 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
My understanding is the 6004 is very accurate and a great ssp for starter 10m but a step down from the izh 46 that you used before. Next up from the IZH 46 would be pcp. Lower power shouldn't matter other than requiring quality target paper for clean scoring unless you plan to use it for other purpose as well. Rodent control or whatever.
Thanks ! I probably need to control my desires)) I was greatly impressed by FAS 6004 design.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:44 am 

Uhh... However basically I am still a plinker but pursuing accuracy when I am plinking... So I couldn't accept a gun that can not shoot through a pop can from distance like 10 yards...

Or on that distance, the pellet need time to fly from the muzzle to the target (hear two reports each time you pull the trigger... One from the muzzle the other when the pellet hits the target)

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:47 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Yeah~ having the 46M is another reason that I don't need a 6004 anymore! Which the 46m provides not only better accuracy (if I can tell~ [emoji38]) than the 6004 but also 150+ more fps makes a great difference ~

~Target~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:50 am 

leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:

6004 and Sig are target guns, not a hunting gun. So speed isnt a big deal as it made mainly for accuracy and a purposely built for entry level 10m shooting.

I understand their design couldn't allow power as high as the 46M, not only due to the compress tube size but also without the longer cocking lever, even that can do higher power which could greatly increase cocking effort?!

So, I actually just want if they can do 400ish like a P17 but don't make it just 300ish....

~Target~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:16 pm 

cocking effort is serious argument against FAS 6004

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:41 am 

YepYep wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:

I understand their design couldn't allow power as high as the 46M, not only due to the compress tube size but also without the longer cocking lever, even that can do higher power which could greatly increase cocking effort?!

So, I actually just want if they can do 400ish like a P17 but don't make it just 300ish....

Apple to oranges. Just because they are both SSP doesnt mean they're the same. That like comparing a Honda to a BMW because they both have gas engines..P17 isnt as accurate as a HW75, or 6004. The companies could have built them to shoot faster..But they built them for accuracy.. Haven't you noticed that you fall for speed rating when it comes to airguns...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:55 am 

When I was first getting into 10m air pistol I had seriously considered the fas 6004. It had everything you could want as a beginner. Accuracy, target grip option, self powered, and a reasonable price. It was the ssp aspect that deterred me. Having experienced SSP with a 953 I knew I would not like pumping between shots even if just once. Same with the IZH-46. There was certainly going to be fatigue after 60 shots. I'd much rather just load a pellet and shoot so I went pcp and have not looked back. Don't get me wrong, both the 6004 and the izh-46 are fine pistols better than most including myself.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:01 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
When I was first getting into 10m air pistol I had seriously considered the fas 6004. It had everything you could want as a beginner. Accuracy, target grip option, self powered, and a reasonable price. It was the ssp aspect that deterred me. Having experienced SSP with a 953 I knew I would not like pumping between shots even if just once. Same with the IZH-46. There was certainly going to be fatigue after 60 shots. I'd much rather just load a pellet and shoot so I went pcp and have not looked back. Don't get me wrong, both the 6004 and the izh-46 are fine pistols better than most including myself.
I purchased CO2 powered MP 657 for about US$ 140 only , but ought to change the grips , just make it nice )) The accuracy is probably better that FAS 6004, but slightly less than IZH46 (MP46M currently), that costs not less that US$ 500 today. MP 657 is obviously stronger that IZH 46, but not tha MP 46M. The changed the design. I ought to shoot 657 bench-rest to have more understanding

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:16 am 

leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
[quote="YepYep"]I like it too... However I hesitated a few times just because it's power rating and reviews on the power... And later, I eliminated my mind on buying one as 300ish muzzle speed just useless and there are a lot better choices around...

Apple to oranges. Just because they are both SSP doesnt mean they're the same. That like comparing a Honda to a BMW because they both have gas engines..P17 isnt as accurate as a HW75, or 6004. The companies could have built them to shoot faster..But they built them for accuracy.. Haven't you noticed that you fall for speed rating when it comes to airguns...[/quote]Yeah, I fell into the speed rating and power ditch a time ago, but after having my PAL and introduced to some higher power guns, I think I climbed back up a little bit at the half way... I consider more factors in the shooting sport now.

You are right, the 6004 and P17 is different animals. But competing 6004 to 46M looks not fair to 6004 although they are same type of pistols...

Maybe We can compare the SIG which can be described as a 'replica' to P210 like HW40/P17 to 1911?! Not properly tho...

As said cocking a 46M or 6004 for 60 times makes you tired, so cocking a P17 for 60 times may just double that tiredness I think. So P17 is not for serious target jobs. Although with good rested pose I can make a fine hole group with my P3 and good fitted pellets tho. I don't think I can do better with my 46M or the HW75...

Although accuracy wise, all these mentioned pistols have better accuracy than me...

Still can't accept a good pistol shooting as low as 300ish... :axe: I hate the Super Target... How much I loved it, how much I hate it... :sigh: :(

~Target~

Last edited by YepYep on Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:43 am 

YepYep wrote:
Still can't accept a good pistol shooting as low as 300ish... :axe: I hate the Suoer Target... How much I loved it, how much I hate it... :sigh: :(

I think we all experience this at some time or another. I was shooting PB's pistol years before air pistol. Many of hours spent practicing for PPC and ISSF percision pistol. I had all but dismissed air pistol until a colleague convinced me to try (I think he regretted doing that). Going from 9mm and 22lr to a wimpy air pistol? Low and behold I loved it and my scores followed. Now the only criteria I value is consistency of accuracy and if anything power makes that harder. I do get it though. Big block V8's and big magnum calibres. Fun.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:18 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
YepYep wrote:
Still can't accept a good pistol shooting as low as 300ish... :axe: I hate the Suoer Target... How much I loved it, how much I hate it... :sigh: :(

I think we all experience this at some time or another. I was shooting PB's pistol years before air pistol. Many of hours spent practicing for PPC and ISSF percision pistol. I had all but dismissed air pistol until a colleague convinced me to try (I think he regretted doing that). Going from 9mm and 22lr to a wimpy air pistol? Low and behold I loved it and my scores followed. Now the only criteria I value is consistency of accuracy and if anything power makes that harder. I do get it though. Big block V8's and big magnum calibres. Fun.

In Russia as captain in reserve, I used shooting 9 mm Makarov. Pistol for "mentally challenged" )) In USA i shoot magnum 357 Ruger revolver, 9x19 mm pistols, .40 S&W pistol, .45 pistol (very easy to shoot) and .44 Magnum pistol (pretty hard to control). I can say that after shooting for a couple months every day IZH53 air-pistol I have no problems shooting "big bore" ))