Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:08 pm 

Whelp it's been almost two years since I passed the safety course...

Finally!!!! After a move from west coast to east and building my own private air gun range out here and a lot of time with my AA TX 200 I have my PAL on it's way!

I am REALLY looking forward to picking up my first PCP and thanks to getting my dad hooked by the bug we already have a compressor for his Dreamline and I will make away like a bandit with his hand pump mostly likely (Sorry old man, pumping didn't agree with you anyway ;) )

I am looking at the S510 XS regulated in walnut or laminate, *something* in the FX line, but chiefly right now my attention is squarely on the Daystate Revere!

After another year of shooting my TX200 I can say the weight of the gun is still a bit of an issue (and I am a strong lass!) So dropping down from the unscoped 9+lbs (TX200) to 6.3 with the Revere would be swell.

Not going to lie though... The biggest thing holding me back. . . The revere doesn't have an adjustable power knob!

I know the intention is to make that rifle as set it and forget it as possible and I am mostly in the camp, but I also really value the shot count and won't always need the 28-30+ ft/lbs on high. That flexibility and the extra utility mounts and adjustable stock all are points in it's favor.

But after the troubles I had with the TX200, I am itching to try Daystate, plus the revere just looks a lot better and the s510 seems huge by comparison for some reason.

Any owners of both have something to say/weigh in ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:18 pm 

Haven't seen you for a while, Luna. Welcome back.(Of course I was vacant all summer at Francois Lake, myself!)
Cool 'bout yer dad. About any thing by DayState should be good, same with FX (Air Arms, etc).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:55 pm 

welcome back Luna unfortunately you arrived one day too late as this just sold
its not a Daystate Revere but still a great deal
topic89831.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:07 pm 

Just found a review on the Revere. Beautiful.

https://www.airgun101.com/tomcat-airgun ... ere-review

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:27 pm 

That PAL sure takes a long time to get during the Covid 19 Pandemic.

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:37 am 

Luna, are you saying although it's been 2 years since you passed the course, you've just applied for it & it's on it's way?
I wonder if THEY have a time limitation on them. My daughter passed the PAL test some 10 years ago. but never applied
to receive her P.A.L.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:51 pm 

They've been horribly backlogged. I know a few guys that have been waiting a couple years and one that finally got theirs too. Must be covid shut down the processing or something.

Sent from my RMX2111 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:20 pm 

I attended class, wrote exam and submitted application late August. They received it Sept 2 and it is on its way in the mail as of a week ago. With the normal 28 day delay this seems reasonable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:02 am 

Daryl wrote:
Luna, are you saying although it's been 2 years since you passed the course, you've just applied for it & it's on it's way?
I wonder if THEY have a time limitation on them. My daughter passed the PAL test some 10 years ago. but never applied
to receive her P.A.L.

I finished my course on Jan 11th 2020, I a few fallings out with ex's I was going to have be my reference so that waylaid things a little bit, then I moved back to nova scotia, and knowing I was moving knew it would mess things up so I waited until I got to NS.

I got here in August 2020 and had everything in the mail like Sept 1st ish. I still don't have the card in hand, but the chief fire arms officer called me personally twice and on Monday, October 18th confirmed the paperwork is fully complete and my license should be in the mail/ Arriving in another two weeks.

YEESH!

So not exactly 2 years but pretty dam near!
wesb2007 wrote:
They've been horribly backlogged. I know a few guys that have been waiting a couple years and one that finally got theirs too. Must be covid shut down the processing or something.

Supposedly they are only 4 months behind in processing but because I listed that I had been treated for depression in the past that added on a TON more extra time. The Cheif Fire arms office did say that he thanked me for my honesty and patience etc, but I can't help but feel like (Especially in covid times) discrimination based on depression is a weak move when almost everyone is feeling down in some way. (in my case it was due to a job lay off [due to covid] and lock down and whole lot more.)

Anyway just glad it's finally settled.(almost!)

He also said that because I just had a birthday my license would be good for a bit longer so I guess it's tied to that!

------------------------------------------

All this gets me back to "What to choose if any!?" The new gun would be eating into the money I am saving for a new house or land but if I am being honest the way the market is going I don't know if I can make something happen there anymore anyway so I might as well dip in a little. :P

Like I say I really like the flexibility/adjustability the FX and AA platforms offer but my heart wants to go with the Daystate just for aesthetics and overall design of the package.

Also the lighter rifle is something I am looking forward to! I am still trying to get stronger but everything helps. (It's weird because I am strong and can do lots of things but I still find my arms get tired and a little wobbly when I stand and shoot my TX 200 for long time.)

I do have access to a compressor via my dad's setup but I wanna pump them, so getting the most shots per pump is also on my mind but really don't want to buy the same gun as him (dreamline) when I could just shoot his when he isn't :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:18 pm 

Tks for getting back to me, Luna.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:58 pm 

Today it is OFFICIALLY in hand finally!

Now the struggle begins in trying to not spend house money on a rifle... Or just doing it anyway because it's been WAY too long in the making.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:22 pm 

Congratulations, Luna.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:18 pm 

Mine has been on its way for weeks. Turns out they did not record the townhouse unit # in the address so it ain't goin to get here. It is now reprinted and supposedly on its way. In the meantime I have bought and had approved/registered two handguns online so it's working for me.
A new experience!