Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:16 am 

I didn't see it discussed anywhere else on the forum, but when I was looking through the air arms site came across it.

I am wondering with the new ban targeting "aggressive/AR" looking rifles if this will fall into the category and that might be why we aren't seeing it or if it's because it just is too new and hasn't been stocked yet by folks at the main Canadian retailers. It comes with a moderator but we have seen other rifles come with moderators that are removed or threads ground down for the Canadian market so I don't think it would be an issue that way. (Though it's hard to tell if it's removable by default from their media)

Personally, I am not usually a fan of the tactical or modern-looking rifles and typically prefer a wood stock but something about this one is checking the right boxes for me.

I might give AGS a call and see if it's on their radar as well.

Anyone else, Like it, hate it, wanna date it? :heart:

https://www.air-arms.co.uk/s510t-tactical.html

https://youtu.be/Qw4mb73srng

Either way, happy to see some new products coming down the AA line.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:10 am 

Must be cause it's new. CBSA might take a closer look when importing but once they see it's only a manual repeater it should come across no issues. There are plenty of airguns that are AR replicas that have no issues being imported.

The S510 base is a good one but like you tactical is not my thing. I'd definitely pick another of thier many versions. Looks fun though.

Yup ags is the place to inquire.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:11 pm 

Pretty similar to FX dreamline tactical. I'm sure it'll become available.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:38 am 

It is different ,for sure.Would have been better imo[ tact wise].If the butt stock folded away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:27 am 

Tallieho1 wrote:
It is different ,for sure.Would have been better imo[ tact wise].If the butt stock folded away.

I think the butt stock collapses down a little (hence the variation in the total length spec) but I hear you on the fold.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:07 pm 

Each to his/her own. Not my bottle of beer. :drinkers:

I like wooden stocks however, I do own a couple plastic/fiberglass stocked guns.

My Condor & Talon are the closest things I have to "The Look". Of course, they are single shots.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:32 pm 

I did reach out to AGS and they will be getting some of these in sometime early next year with the same treatment as the other Air Arms rifles with moderators built in etc. So they will be slightly special.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:50 am 

It's a 510 in a different stock, I'm pretty sure it will come in der the same FRT# as the regular wooden stocked rifle
- Than again, it's Canada and we have politicians of questionable ethic/logic in place... so who knows :axe:

There are quite a few nice-but-not-Canadian-legal quieter airguns out there