Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Gamo Compact pistol
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:52 am 

Can somebody share personal experinces with Gamo Compact? Funny that one guy won Spain Championate with this pistol. It is the same category as FAS 6004, but cheaper and probably more robust. Plus very heavy trigger

Post subject: Re: Gamo Compact pistol
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:47 am 

Sergei1950 wrote:
Can somebody share personal experinces with Gamo Compact? Funny that one guy won Spain Championate with this pistol. It is the same category as FAS 6004, but cheaper and probably more robust. Plus very heavy trigger

Do you have a link to the mentioned championships?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:36 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Sergei1950 wrote:

It was on russian air-gun website comparing Gamo Compact and Izh46. Spain Championate probably year 2006 with result 575. It is very difficult to find official results. I don't know Spanish to contact guys there (( Our Barmin got 580 with Izh46 on European Championates.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:15 am 

Sergei1950 wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:
Sergei1950 wrote:

It was on russian air-gun website comparing Gamo Compact and Izh46. Spain Championate probably year 2006 with result 575. It is very difficult to find official results. I don't know Spanish to contact guys there (( Our Barmin got 580 with Izh46 on European Championates.

They made the gamo compact back in 2006? 575 is a great score. Even more so with a ssp pistol. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:26 pm 
Site Moderator

Tom Gaylord mentions buying a Gamo Compact in 1996 so they were available before then.
https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2015/09 ... ol-part-1/

I think the Weihrauch HW40 started production sometime in 1998. I got one in March 1999 from the first shipment to the USA (as Beeman P3 label). The Chinese HW40 clones started around 2004 with the Marksman 2004 version of the HW40. Then the upgrade became the Beeman 2006 that was later relabeled to Beeman P17. I had a Webley Nemesis SSP at one time and that was back around 1998. My first introduction to the over-lever SSP was in 1992 when I bought a used Weihrauch HW75. I'm pretty sure the HW75 was available back in the mid-late 80s. This might be the first over-lever SSP pistol but I'm not 100% sure.

The wonderful over-lever SSP pistol design has been around for a lot of years and we are still seeing new offerings from companies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:01 pm 

TCooper wrote:
Tom Gaylord mentions buying a Gamo Compact in 1996 so they were available before then.
https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2015/09 ... ol-part-1/

I think the Weihrauch HW40 started production sometime in 1998. I got one in March 1999 from the first shipment to the USA (as Beeman P3 label). The Chinese HW40 clones started around 2004 with the Marksman 2004 version of the HW40. Then the upgrade became the Beeman 2006 that was later relabeled to Beeman P17. I had a Webley Nemesis SSP at one time and that was back around 1998. My first introduction to the over-lever SSP was in 1992 when I bought a used Weihrauch HW75. I'm pretty sure the HW75 was available back in the mid-late 80s. This might be the first over-lever SSP pistol but I'm not 100% sure.

The wonderful over-lever SSP pistol design has been around for a lot of years and we are still seeing new offerings from companies.

That's great, thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:36 pm 

I have ordered Gamo Compact from Ekatirenburg. But I am not sure they actually have it. Staffan has it in his shop in Sweden (and FAS6004) also. But transportation costs by Deutsche Bahn company are too high. For example, if I order Gamo Compact from Sweden I need to pay about 38.000 Roubles ( more that US$ 500) , if from Ekatirenburg , 20.000 Roubles only. Gamo costs more in Sweden, while in Russia it can be of just laying for a couples years and nobody want it in Ekatirenburg. They don't have them in Moscow and dealers reject to order it from Spain )) Gamo from Spain told me - "only through official dealers", dead-end ))

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:03 pm 

Sergei1950 wrote:
I have ordered Gamo Compact from Ekatirenburg. But I am not sure they actually have it. Staffan has it in his shop in Sweden (and FAS6004) also. But transportation costs by Deutsche Bahn company are too high. For example, if I order Gamo Compact from Sweden I need to pay about 38.000 Roubles ( more that US$ 500) , if from Ekatirenburg , 20.000 Roubles only. Gamo costs more in Sweden, while in Russia it can be of just laying for a couples years and nobody want it in Ekatirenburg. They don't have them in Moscow and dealers reject to order it from Spain )) Gamo from Spain told me - "only through official dealers", dead-end ))

Very sorry, they answered me from Ekatirenburg - "no Gamo Compact available"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:13 am 

Yes, I have got my Gamo Compact just for 16990 Roubles )) Twice less than for MP46M. I like the trigger, don't know why people were unhappy with it.