Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: MP46M out of box
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:14 pm 

Just tried to tune my new MP46M "from the box". I think it was OK in lateral dimensions, I mean right-left. Just pellets were going too high. Made many clicks down and got into "five" at 6 O'clock. Next clicks up got me into 7,8,9 and finally 10. No bench rest, just according ISSF rule "supported rest", but pretty unstable support )) I was greatly impressed how accurate the pistol is. Actually it looks like I am not bad at sights and trigger control.By the way, I am NOT russian patriot and very sceptical of russian production. But with this gun I don't need Styer...

Attachments:
File comment: target shot from 7,5 meters. Size is according the distance
мишень.jpg
мишень.jpg [ 85.19 KiB | Viewed 846 times ]

Post subject: Re: MP46M out of box
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:46 am 

The Baikal IZH-46 has been well known for many of years as being competative even in the age of pcp. It was the pistol recommended to me when I first started ISSF 10m. Really the only complaint is a bit nose heavy. It's a nice gun and there should be some pride in ownership. Congrats on the purchase.

imo other than Olympic hopefuls no one needs a Steyr or any other top shelf pcp but it is nice to own one, or two. It sure doesn't hurt your scoring potential. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:28 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
The Baikal IZH-46 has been well known for many of years as being competative even in the age of pcp. It was the pistol recommended to me when I first started ISSF 10m. Really the only complaint is a bit nose heavy. It's a nice gun and there should be some pride in ownership. Congrats on the purchase.

imo other than Olympic hopefuls no one needs a Steyr or any other top shelf pcp but it is nice to own one, or two. It sure doesn't hurt your scoring potential. ;)

Please, note it is not IZH46 , but MP46M. I have old IZH46 , the new gun has technical changes. The old one was "under 3J" , the new one is "under 7J". According the rules it is another licence category,

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:28 am 
Site Admin

Apologies for the missing thread, I misclicked this thread while trying to remove a spam thread.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:34 am 

Sergei1950 wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:

Please, note it is not IZH46 , but MP46M. I have old IZH46 , the new gun has technical changes. The old one was "under 3J" , the new one is "under 7J". According the rules it is another licence category,

The difference in velocity isn't that big of a deal. Mechanically the same pistol. I do prefer the higher J though. Faster the pellet can get out of the barrel the better for me.