Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:31 pm 

Next entry in Umarex's T4E large caliber Paintball/.43 cal Rubber Ball, CO2 airguns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQkMSKKHp_Q

I'm thinking about getting one for shooting the .43 cal. rubber balls in my 24 ft. basement range. And maybe a .68 cal. double barrel sawed off shotgun.

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/umarex-t4 ... ll-shotgun

I hear you can get pepperballs for them, for self-defense purposes, but not sure how that would work out, if you shot it indoors.

Anyone have any comments on this new line of airguns?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:37 am 

Nice! Rubber balls might be a little bouncy for close quarters shooting. I donno... Been smacked with a few marbles when I was a kid.

I believe the pepper balls are just paintballs with the liquid inside them. That would hurt. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:38 pm 

I like the idea of paintball Glock 17, I think .43 cal is more fun than BB. Even found it in Canada - https://www.defconpaintballgear.com/uma ... d-edition/. But $530 for this gun is a little bit too much for me. On different note I have TR50 in .50 cal and although it's not a replica - it's fun to shoot. .50 cal nylon or rubber balls hit hard and make satisfying holes in target. I wouldn't use it for self-defense though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:45 pm 

I think as soon as you used it for self-defense, wouldn't it then become a firearm?
I don't know, just wondering.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:16 pm 

Daryl wrote:
I think as soon as you used it for self-defense, wouldn't it then become a firearm?
I don't know, just wondering.

I'm not a lawyer, as far as I understand laws it is a firearm already, it's just unregulated firearm meaning that it's exempt from licensing, transport and storage regulation. This is how lawyer explains it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT4jtjCVdpw&t=269s

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:04 pm 

Yup, 2-3 years aggravated assault with a weapon for shooting someone with a paintball. In this day and age you might just as well bend on over and take whatever Mr robber wants to give you. Then once he's had his way with you your wife and kids, you can call 911. Can't believe this country. But it is what it is. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:07 pm 

scanny wrote:
I like the idea of paintball Glock 17, I think .43 cal is more fun than BB. Even found it in Canada - https://www.defconpaintballgear.com/uma ... d-edition/. But $530 for this gun is a little bit too much for me. On different note I have TR50 in .50 cal and although it's not a replica - it's fun to shoot. .50 cal nylon or rubber balls hit hard and make satisfying holes in target. I wouldn't use it for self-defense though.

I think the $530 is for the limited edition model which includes and official Glock pistol case & various different grips. Will be intersted to see what the basic one goes for.

I think the price is so high, in comparison to other Umarex Glock airguns, because the .43 cal. airguns are not sold in as great a quantity as the .177 ones.

Regardless of how it is marketed, in my opinion, airguns may not be the best thing for confronting an intruder, esp. if he is armed with a real firearm.

They again, I suspect you could get yourself in the same trouble with the law, if you defended yourself from an intruded, with a kitchen knife. The I suspect the definition of "reasonable force" used to protect one's family & possessions, is open to interpretation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:57 pm 

Unfortunately Pepper balls are illegal in Canada. Even so, paintball and blank guns shooting them aren't very effective. You really need a clean face shot and still it would just annoy the average person. A canister of coyote pepper spray would be far more effective.

I used to have a .68 cal Tippmann paintball gun that ran off a CO2 tank. Shooting rubber balls with it proved very powerful and loud. A full auto version would most likely work against an intruder. Though I would still rely more on coyote spray.