Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Edgin Leshy 2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:18 am 

So is it true longer barrel has nothing to do with accuracy and only velocity? If Russians have such a high end demand for long range sniper why make the leshy with such a short barrel.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:20 pm 

Ravenairgun wrote:
So is it true longer barrel has nothing to do with accuracy and only velocity? If Russians have such a high end demand for long range sniper why make the leshy with such a short barrel.

The Leshiy is a niche market, it's not trying to solve every firearm issue for every Russian. This isn't the Soviet era. I have not done accuracy tests for the different barrels. My impression is, just like every other gun, barrel length is primarily about giving the projectile speed and spin stabilization.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:11 pm 

Longer barrel really doesn't have much to do with accuracy. The HW97's prove that, with a mere 9" to 10" of actual barrel.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:50 pm 

Ravenairgun wrote:
.....If Russians have such a high end demand for long range sniper why make the leshy with such a short barrel.

I am not talking sniper airguns but sniper powder burners, precision long range rifles.....and a high demand is just South of our border not over there in URR.
The size of Leshiy2 is what I was waiting for a long time...a subcompact backpack size...airgun and not a heavily restricted handgun (which I would never buy for any money to hassle with carry)...Many companies coming out with similar size lately but the power output is not comparable from any perspective.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:51 am 

What about the condor?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:14 pm 

Condors are single shot with much longer barrels.
Here's mine.

Attachments:
Willow Grouse AirForce Condor .25 .JPG
Willow Grouse AirForce Condor .25 .JPG [ 79.7 KiB | Viewed 341 times ]
IMG_2635.JPG
IMG_2635.JPG [ 32.02 KiB | Viewed 341 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:15 am 

bigHUN wrote:
My .22 Leshiy2 arrived to my hands 990fps out of box, I lowered the speed to match the AA 18gr liking @ 900. I have full 72 shots at that speed before drops the Reg.
This Leshiy 2 is an addition to my FX Impact MK2 .25, both are gun range setups (no plinking no hunting), The Impact for 100 meter BR and the L2 for 22LR range silhouettes. Nothing will or can beat this combination.

Okay, members, here's the question of the hour: Which is longer, Daryl's Condor barrel or its scope?

Seriously, I'd put my "old" Condor .25 up against a Leshy 2 anytime, were someone to suggest that the Leshy could compete at 75 - 100 yards. Now, I (no, my Condor) may lose to something else, but it won't be because newer technology shoots better at that distance than a Condor. Well, I think, anyway, because I haven't purchased a new PCP for many years, and I don't want to think anything out there will actually beat my simple, one-shot, non-twist barrel Condor. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:56 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
.........Seriously, I'd put my "old" Condor .25 up against a Leshy 2 anytime........

Now, lets not compare apples and oranges....
I am a firm believer that the leshiy2 is not a "target rifle for scoring rings" and for sure not at 50 or beyond....and who ever thinks otherwise, I can assure you that you are wrong.
Yes there are pictures on the web and videos on YT - people with deep pockets dressing it up with pretty impressive gadgets, but the L2 will never be a ring scoring gun that you can go to a competition with....(first a trigger is not designed that way, the barrel length, the mag, the air consumption, and the list is going on and on...).
But, you can go to a competition for speed silhouettes... from a rest also free hand...if you train well for a mag change.
I don't hunt and I don't do backyard plinking so I cannot talk about best use in those games.
My Leshiy2 is a gun club - range gun, and I play at the LR22 range shooting steel silhouettes 10 to 80 meters, and I can see where the L2 shines. I am shooting faster and faster with every visit.
I would like to compete in target shooting next season, with my FX Impact long ranges and with Leshiy2 speed targets, and I am training and tuning and training and tuning as much I can or the weather allows.
This is my perspective only and your boat my be heading in different direction.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:15 am 

bigHUN wrote:
I ordered two 500 mm barrels from Russia, one .22 and the second is a .25. I have probably couple weeks to figure a larger plenum...with a gauge.....or will that be my next winter project again ;)

Have your barrels arrived? I put in an order for a pair, and they're a week late now. I imagine Canada customs doesn't get a lot of items from Russia so they might be inspecting it closely.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:51 pm 

delooper wrote:

Have your barrels arrived? I put in an order for a pair, and they're a week late now. I imagine Canada customs doesn't get a lot of items from Russia so they might be inspecting it closely.

No I didn't got my barrels yet and canadapost doesn't see the tracking #. As per tracking number last time seen in Poland back in Dec.5th and I am just hoping left that country a long ago.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:17 pm 

bigHUN wrote:

No I didn't got my barrels yet and canadapost doesn't see the tracking #. As per tracking number last time seen in Poland back in Dec.5th and I am just hoping left that country a long ago.

My last track point was Dec 12th, departure from Sharapovo (Шарапово), a suburb of Moscow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:08 pm 

delooper wrote:
...My last track point was Dec 12th, departure from Sharapovo (Шарапово), a suburb of Moscow.

Too much of a pissing game between N America and Russia lately, makes me nervous.