Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:21 pm 

Tks.

Last edited by Daryl on Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:23 pm 

4star60 wrote:
Someone got ticked off and decided to irritate him and it went real bad?!

I know when I ticked off a few Calgary police they decided to "practice" overhead by my home with the helicopter and with patrol cars on the street. Spotlight shining in the bedroom window 2nd floor was not nice at 2AM.

Obviously, your circumstances or similar, had nothing to do with the T.O. swat team's actions on the 3rd.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:47 pm 

Today:

https://youtu.be/G28fCCGEFUU

https://www.simcoereformer.ca/news/loca ... ting-death

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:56 pm 

Note to a friend, a retired "member".
Something ever wrong here, *******. 1st of all, T.O. ERT making a hit 150KM's from Toronto?
Took their own ambulance with them from T.O. Didn't call the OPP until minutes or seconds before
their 'action'. The police waited for Roger to walk from his vehicle to the shop after he got home with
his wife from shopping. His wife was still unloading the vehicle when the police drove up, threw her to
the ground holding (SMG's?) on her while 3 others stormed the shop. The policeman shooting Roger never
entered the shop. The witness/customer? sitting a short distance from Roger made the appointment the
evening before, then disappeared. The police won't tell them who it was nor will the police give any of them
including their Lawyer, a copy of this so-called warrant. This really stinks. Sure looks like an execution to me.
Daryl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:03 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Note to a friend, a retired "member".
Something ever wrong here, *******. 1st of all, T.O. ERT making a hit 150KM's from Toronto?
Took their own ambulance with them from T.O. Didn't call the OPP until minutes or seconds before
their 'action'. The police waited for Roger to walk from his vehicle to the shop after he got home with
his wife from shopping. His wife was still unloading the vehicle when the police drove up, threw her to
the ground holding (SMG's?) on her while 3 others stormed the shop. The policeman shooting Roger never
entered the shop. The witness/customer? sitting a short distance from Roger made the appointment the
evening before, then disappeared. The police won't tell them who it was nor will the police give any of them
including their Lawyer, a copy of this so-called warrant. This really stinks. Sure looks like an execution to me.
Daryl

Were did you read this ...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:14 pm 

The compilation is from his lawyer, family & friends video as well as friends interviewed at the scene "just after it happened" + CTV, CBC reports.

Did I read it was an execution, no - that is/was surmised by me, from the data that is known.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:41 pm 

Daryl wrote:
The compilation is from his lawyer, family & friends video as well as friends interviewed at the scene "just after it happened" + CTV, CBC reports.

Did I read it was an execution, no - that is/was surmised by me, from the data that is known.

Thanks .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:08 pm 

CBC Toronto from the 18th.

https://easybranches.com/amp/youtube/KlmDg01YZ4Y

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:24 am 

Hmm, in this instance if he was able to grab a nearby firearm and shoot back.. would it have been a legal self defense move?? Maybe that's why they went in so hot knowing that if he knows that they know that he knows then he'll be blasting away and they didn't want to take the chance?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:50 am 

CaperJim wrote:
Hmm, in this instance if he was able to grab a nearby firearm and shoot back.. would it have been a legal self defense move?? Maybe that's why they went in so hot knowing that if he knows that they know that he knows then he'll be blasting away and they didn't want to take the chance?

I wasn't there. I don't know any of the details other than what has been presented here. However, going into a situation with possible risk wouldn't you prepare for the possible senarios. Have non lethal responses? It is possible he was carrying a firearm on his person. Not enough details. A lot of speculation. Hope the full truth comes out but how likely is that?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:01 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
I wasn't there. I don't know any of the details other than what has been presented here. However, going into a situation with possible risk wouldn't you prepare for the possible senarios. Have non lethal responses? It is possible he was carrying a firearm on his person. Not enough details. A lot of speculation. Hope the full truth comes out but how likely is that?

\
Exactly. I am afraid it will come down to "whose truth".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:50 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
CaperJim wrote:

sorry it is not possible he was carrying a firearm. I’ve known him since 1987 he was a professional and above board with dozens of police officers who were his customers and friends.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:13 am 

walther wrote:
sorry it is not possible he was carrying a firearm. I’ve known him since 1987 he was a professional and above board with dozens of police officers who were his customers and friends.

And that is the impression I am getting. Above board and it all seems wrong. All of it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:34 am 

The shooter not needing to make a statement and not being contacted for weeks. Laws appear to apply differently.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:52 pm 

IMHO
Shooter should have been interviewed immediately - or at least the same day.
Reason for this: clarity of details and lack of time to "grow" a false story/plan amongst those present.

That this was not done, is in itself a travesty and shows complete lack of intent or desire for the actual truth to be known.

This "shooting" stinks to high heaven & shows a desire to bury the truth. I have been in contact with my 'retired cop' friends
and they feel exactly as I do.

We all feel this was an execution. That 1 policeman was the only one shooting, shows Roger likely did not have a firearm in his hands.
If one was present, which is entirely possible/probable, it was in a vice or on the bench in front of him. The mysterious stranger/
customer looks more and more like a plant. If I were a suspicious person, I would suspect that person had an illegal gun with him
and that perhaps Roger had it in his hands, looking at it for the first time. After all, Roger's meeting this person only happened seconds
or within 1 or 2 minutes of Roger and his wife getting home from shopping.
The sign on his door was in very poor taste. Yes, I know it was a joke, however, it will be used as a defense.
This stinks of an assassination and subsequent cover up by the investigation unit.

About the sign:
My bother had a sign in his shop when he was a licensed firearms manufacturer. It stated, with a picture of Yosemite Sam with a revolver in each hand:
"IF YOU ARE FOUND IN HERE TONIGHT, YOU WILL BE FOUND IN HERE TOMORROW"
The CFO of the Province back then, suggested he should take that sign down as it would/could be used against him in court as it showed intent.
The CFO at that time, had been my brother's firearms instructor in Depot Division. He was a nice guy - tough as nails in Regina, but that was training.