Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:00 pm 

She's a beaut'! Of course, it's raining today but I will still try and get out and put her through her paces later! Just as a note, not pictured here there is also a fill probe that comes with it and I already have that attached to my Umarex Hill MK3 hand pump and will get a picture up later.

The fine folks at AGS let me compare the two they had in and pick the stock that spoke to me most and I really appreciate that! The other one is really nice too, but the grain is a bit more clean and precise and I like the wild look personally! Still a far cry from all the figuring and flame you see on Daystate's Instagram, and in many of the youtube videos... but she's a gem, and she's mine and that's worth something! The magazine is usually shown with a blue color in product photos and in the manual, but mine came in all black, not really sure why?

I cannibalized my UTG bug buster 3-12 scope and those are the "high" sports match rings but I could have maybe gotten away with the mediums... hard to say but this gives me some future-proofing. I'll get a photo up later of the mag clearance, and do plan on getting a nicer Hawke scope later on but my wallet is hurting right now. haha :rolleyes:

Let me know if there's anything else folks want a photo of!

Anyway enough text for now on to the eye-candy!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:47 pm 

congrats it's a really nice specimen. Seems to me AGS let you choose the AATx200 that called to you as well - it's nice to have that kind of support.
Show us what groups it does with good pellets!

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:23 pm 

Really nice, Luna. Congrats. The grain flow through the wrist is really good too, shows they laid out the stock well on the blank.
The rifle deserves a BETTER scope, imho. :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:39 pm 

I like that safety. Are the bird feeders for bringing in moving targets? looking good

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:29 pm 

McRobert wrote:
I like that safety. Are the bird feeders for bringing in moving targets? looking good

hahah No that's in town. No air rifle, rifle, or bow discharge anywhere allowed in town. Also no desire to shoot the kinda critters that come to a feeder. If I was to hunt it would have activity/stalking involved but I am a paper puncher these days.

I will say I had an issue with the magazine not auto-indexing already though... more testing required to make sure it wasn't something spooky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:59 pm 

Definitely a beaut!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:36 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Congratulations Luna,

You'll never regret purchasing such a fine rifle! She's gorgeous!

Please keep us posted on the magazine auto-indexing issue. I've not experienced any problems with mine. Make certain your all of pellets are pushed in and properly seated inside the magazine.

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:34 pm 

Avianmanor wrote:

Make certain your all of pellets are pushed in and properly seated inside the magazine.

Yes true, I also have the Revere and I found that out right away, make sure that the skirt of the pellet is inside the top edge of the magazine and not just sitting on top or it won;t index properly.

Daystate rever
AA510 carbine
JTS Airacuda