Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:29 pm 

Should a non pal .22 springer be able to shoot in the same hole every shot at 30 feet because I don't know if my budget Predator is shooting good enough or not...Picture is two five shot groups with 17.2 grain Grizzly pointed.425 fps...I think these 17.2s are a bit too heavy...ran out of 14.2 wads and can't find any in town...

Attachments:
DSC01347 (2).JPG
DSC01347 (2).JPG [ 308.3 KiB | Viewed 822 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:43 pm 

You won't do batter than that with Grizzly pointed pellets in ANY gun. :mrgreen:

))))----//----------==

Iacio, ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:52 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:
You won't do batter than that with Grizzly pointed pellets in ANY gun. :mrgreen:

Yeah I'm looking for any excuse to shoot off the rest of these Grizzly pellets.....not going to just chuck them out....guess I could have tested with H&N Pointed pellets though...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:57 pm 
Site Moderator

That's fine accuracy for a $60 springer! As was said, better pellets might give tighter groups.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm 

Dukemeister wrote:

Exactly, as well as T Cooper's post. $60.00 rifle indeed!

Better targets with sharper and smaller bullseyes promotes better shooting as well. I am surprised those groups are as good as they are.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:07 pm 

I kinda doubt you'd do much better. Mostly because you'll have to really fight with the trigger to do much better than you have. I would say the pellet god is smiling on you and leave it at that. And , be glad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:19 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Dukemeister wrote:

Exactly, as well as T Cooper's post. $60.00 rifle indeed!

Better targets with sharper and smaller bullseyes promotes better shooting as well. I am surprised those groups are as good as they are.

I was surprised too so I tried H&N Pointed half hour ago and the groups were even tighter..I thought my barrel had a very slight amount of play...almost undetectable but I like to fix things but maybe I'll take csitas advice and just thank the airgun Gods and leave the barrel alone....for now... :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:22 pm 

TCooper wrote:
That's fine accuracy for a $60 springer! As was said, better pellets might give tighter groups.
yes I tried the H&N pointed and got better results...I may just go and buy the other .22 Predator at tool town and put a hi power crosman spring it it...what the heck for $67.00...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:36 pm 

careful my friend . You are starting to walk on a cloud of assumption. Have fun , it don't come any cheaper.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:35 am 

Hope it works out for you. I almost got The Crosman Phantom just to upgrade but got 3 grizzlies instead.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:52 am 

Nicholascami wrote:
Hope it works out for you. I almost got The Crosman Phantom just to upgrade but got 3 grizzlies instead.

That ought to last for a while...if you ever come across piston seals for this gun let me know. Archer Airguns in th U.S. has them but they don't ship to Canada..Can't find them anywhere..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:14 pm 

Would seem like you are at the upper limit for a $60 break barrel & less expensive pellets.

That said, my Princess Auto, wood stock, .177, break barrel I got for less than $25 on sale at PA many years ago, is still one of my most accurate guns. Even in comparison with airguns costing in excess of 10 to 15 times more. I find it works best with Grizzly flat head pellets.

Go figure.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:27 am 

This is kind of unrelated yet not but I cant find anything about my crosman F-11 on here or anywhere. I swapped the stock with my Pheonix. Its still a P.O.S. compared to my 3 Grizzlies. I should return the Pheonix and F11 but I moded them and dont feel like moding it back to return them..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:06 am 

What would cause this? Can anyone explain how a 100$ gun out performs a 300$ dollar gun with a trigger mod?

Attachments:
File comment: Its driving me insane. I poured silicon chamber oil in it and left in cocked for 3 hrs butt side down and it kind of fixed it but now its doing it again. Cleaned it and still
Screenshot_20211218-095817.jpg
Screenshot_20211218-095817.jpg [ 202.79 KiB | Viewed 539 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:14 am 

My HW98 in .22 used to do what your F11 is doing, dropping (never rising though) but mine did it at 20 yards, using the 19.09 pellets.
The "drops" were only once in a while and were right around a full inch below the group. Frustrating.
After I switched to Hades, which were actually even more accurate, shooting in the 1's and 2's (.3" to .4" groups) the "dropping" a pellet
now and then stopped. I figured it was the pellets themselves, now and then perhaps an undersized pellet or some such difference. It only
happened every 3 or 4 groups, though.
With the JSB Hades pellets, dropping a pellet out of the group never happened.
So - maybe the pellets, maybe something else. Maybe the Grizzly rifle is more forgiving of pellet abnormalities - with THAT pellet.
Perhaps the $300 Crossman needs a different pellet to shoot it's best, which might be 1/2 the size groups your Grizzly shoots. It's all about
finding out what works. Some times you have to try a dozen different pellets in a single make of pellets to find what works best & sometimes
it takes a certain pellet in another make to shoot the best.
How many different pellets in JSB's and H&N's have you tried? Then there are FX pellets as well, and both makes have over a dozen different
pellets. It is a rare gun that shoots really well with a lot of different pellets. They all seem to have favourites.