Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Big Thanks To Ricksplace
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:20 am 

Ricksplace generously offered a piston seal conversion which works perfectly and installation is a breeze....I can now use easily obtainable Crosman seals over the hard to find B3 seals which are found on the Grizzly Predator...Just in time too as you can see the original seal is done....Conversion boosted fps by 30+fps due to extra stroke...cool.. :D

Attachments:
DSC01370 (2).JPG
DSC01370 (2).JPG [ 545.82 KiB | Viewed 671 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:47 am 

That looks great.
How does the new top hat connect to the existing piston?
I managed to break my beloved old Gecado model 22 which uses a leather seal.
The screw holding the seal assembly to the piston broke.
Thanks
Rob27

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:40 am 
Site Moderator

Getting an extra 30fps in a .22al is quite a bit of a boost. I've got a Ricksplace adapter waiting for when my B3 seal eventually wears out. The B3/WF600 seals work okay but they are soft and no two seals seem to be the same. They all require a slightly different size piston head post to get them snug. The OD and ID vary.

How about posting a pic of the full length Predator/LB600 piston? Does it look like a piece of thick rolled sheet metal or is there no visible seam? Also please post a pic of the trigger mechanism. I'm curious if it looks like the B3 or something completely different.

I was shooting at GMK with Rick when you dropped by yesterday. While we were shooting I suggested that maybe in the spring time or summer we could try to organize and informal Airgunners Rendezvous somewhere here. We should be able to get 6 shooters together for an afternoon of plinking gongs, cans, paper and maybe try some field targets. Hopefully the virus goes away by then.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:42 am 

Rob27 wrote:
That looks great.
How does the new top hat connect to the existing piston?
I managed to break my beloved old Gecado model 22 which uses a leather seal.
The screw holding the seal assembly to the piston broke.
Thanks
Rob27

The new tophat you see screws into the top of the piston...the item next to the new tophat is a tool which slides the new seal in place once you have screwed the tophat into the piston....takes a few seconds :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:50 am 

TCooper wrote:
Getting an extra 30fps in a .22al is quite a bit of a boost. I've got a Ricksplace adapter waiting for when my B3 seal eventually wears out. The B3/WF600 seals work okay but they are soft and no two seals seem to be the same. They all require a slightly different size piston head post to get them snug. The OD and ID vary.

How about posting a pic of the full length Predator/LB600 piston? Does it look like a piece of thick rolled sheet metal or is there no visible seam? Also please post a pic of the trigger mechanism. I'm curious if it looks like the B3 or something completely different.

I was shooting at GMK with Rick when you dropped by yesterday. While we were shooting I suggested that maybe in the spring time or summer we could try to organize and informal Airgunners Rendezvous somewhere here. We should be able to get 6 shooters together for an afternoon of plinking gongs, cans, paper and maybe try some field targets. Hopefully the virus goes away by then.

the piston is rolled sheet metal....no problems though so far...no scuffing etc but then I make sure to use moly where its needed. I will be checking the gun again in a few days to see how the seal etc. is holding up but I want to put another tin or two through gun.....give it a good workout...then I will take pics of piston and trigger....group shoot sounds good :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:07 pm 

Glad it worked!
Since the seal looked the same as a B3 seal, I guessed the conversion would fit.

Nothing works and I don't know why.

Two lathes and too many projects