Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:00 pm 

I'll come up with a way to glue a blob on the end of the probe and see what it does. Chirgun says Hobbys should fly near 500 - but I'm not sure I have any Hobbys to try - I know I have JSB Exact RS.. I'll give them a try once I have figured out the probe. I don't need any more power, but anything to enhance accuracy would be good.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:30 pm 

killercrow wrote:
I think the thing with extended probes, is an accuracy mod, depending on the leade of the rifling. Push the pellet a little further to get the skirt to engage the rifling.
The way my brain works, it's telling me that an ideally designed chamber in a compressed air rifle, you

Well, I concur. I made a makeshift extended probe using a .177 pellet that I removed after seating the .22 pellet in the leade. It was effectively about 3mm deeper and enough for the .22 skirt to clear the TP hole. There was no change in pellet speed, still at 470. If it doesn't group well during pellet testing I'll revisit the long nose probe. For now good enough with the stock probe.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:11 am 

airmec wrote:
Have you checked the velocity with RWS Hobbys?

I have now, and they averaged 480 fps. The top speed was with JSB RS that did average 483 fps. It was noticeably harder to seat the Hobbys and I think its because the lead is harder and the skirt is thicker than the JSB which are notoriously soft pellets. Anyhow, those speeds are perfect for this carbine so I'm not tuning it any more. Next is the conversion to wood and bling , and of course pellet testing and accuracy evaluations.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum