Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:57 pm 
Site Moderator

Does anyone know where I could get a new Cr600 valve stem? Can any of the current production Crosman stems be modified to work?

Thanks,
Todd

Last edited by TCooper on Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:03 pm 

I would try Airguns Archery Fun and/or Canadashootingsupplies being as they sell the guns and are good to deal with for parts.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:52 pm 
Site Moderator

Headdamage wrote:
I would try Airguns Archery Fun and/or Canadashootingsupplies being as they sell the guns and are good to deal with for parts.

Crosman 600 pistol. I edited the title to show the full name. There sure are lots of "600" airguns with different letters (WF600, LB600, Cr600 (Crosman), Artemis CR600W)).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:49 pm 

Would be an easy project to make one from delrin.
What are the specs on that one?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:22 pm 
Site Moderator

killercrow wrote:
Would be an easy project to make one from delrin.
What are the specs on that one?

It's still in the pistol. I'll have to pull it out to check the specs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:21 pm 

Most of the old Crosman pistol valve stems I've seen used the same seal, and can be re-sealed with the seal taken from a qb78 valve stem. Can flip the seal if it's still soft, replace with the qb seal, or make a new one. For co2 use, I prefer teflon to delrin.

Al

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:49 pm 
Site Moderator

Gippeto wrote:
Most of the old Crosman pistol valve stems I've seen used the same seal, and can be re-sealed with the seal taken from a qb78 valve stem. Can flip the seal if it's still soft, replace with the qb seal, or make a new one. For co2 use, I prefer teflon to delrin.

Al

Don't you need a special press/tool to insert the seal into the stem?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:17 pm 

There must be some sort of magic trick to getting them apart though. I have tried several times and always fail. Unless I'm missing something, totally probable.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:00 pm 

Doesn't work with the 22xx stems, but works well with Mk1, 600, 150 and QB stems.

A piece of bar stock with a hole drilled through it sized to pass the larger diameter of the stem shaft that is against the seal. Use this to support the valve "head" as you use a punch to drive the stem shaft out. Go easy and take some care with it so you don't mushroom the shaft and score up the bore in the head. Tappy-tap-tap, not BANG-BANG-BANG. :lol: A bevel on your punch is a good idea.

Clean the head and decide what to do with the seal. If the "head" end of the stem is square (typical I think), add a slight bevel to ease re-assembly.

Another piece of bar stock with a hole drilled through it, this time sized to the shaft portion. Slide the stem in...it will not pass through, but stop at the larger diameter.

Pop the seal onto the stem, align the "head" and drive it back on gently. A press would be more ideal than a hammer here. Can also hold the parts in a lathe if you have one and use the tail stock to press things back together.

Have never used any sealant when re-assembling, but would use blue loctite if I really felt the need.

Hope that makes some sense. :rolleyes:

Al