Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Enjoyment of Airguns
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:14 pm 

I'm serious. I will have the rifle in hand around New Years. It's yours for $630 plus the TX200. I can probably figure out the stock if you don't still have the RH one, the LH is probably worth money.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:00 pm 

I may take you up on that offer. I will keep my lefty stock though. It still has the rh stock. First, I will call DL as I have done a lot of business with the them over the years. I would require a KT version as it is ambi stocked. No point in me having a rh stock for that gun. And it would have to be wood. Hopefully walnut. No plastic for me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:03 pm 

http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/show ... rOfPages=3

Been up for awhile?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:19 pm 

It would have to be in Canada. I think it’s pretty hard to get one in from US.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:08 am 

Mac wrote:
http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/show_ad.php?adNum=206307&adSort=&StartingAd=100&NumberOfPages=3

Been up for awhile?

That one sold, to me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:03 am 

grantmac wrote:
Mac wrote:
http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/show_ad.php?adNum=206307&adSort=&StartingAd=100&NumberOfPages=3

Been up for awhile?

That one sold, to me.

Let me know how the shipping process goes. I would love to buy a few items from that forum. Some reputable sellers with very difficult to obtain in Canada ag's.

OG, hope the 97 works out for you. I don't think there is any debate that the top spot for best springer is between the tx and the 97.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:14 am 

I have been following this thread with some interest as I am considering buying a good springer. Someone mentioned that there are mostly used .22 TX200s up for sale... can anyone tell me why this is? I would prefer a .22 over a .177 but if there are shortcomings about the larger caliber, I'd sure like to hear about it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:50 am 

Codswallop wrote:
I have been following this thread with some interest as I am considering buying a good springer. Someone mentioned that there are mostly used .22 TX200s up for sale... can anyone tell me why this is? I would prefer a .22 over a .177 but if there are shortcomings about the larger caliber, I'd sure like to hear about it!

There are no short comings that are specific to the TX200. It is more likely that most TX's are pal rated and there isn't as much opportunties to shoot especially in these recent times. It's a bit of $$ to be sitting idle in a cabinet that could be used else where. Not that I see a lot of used TX's for sale. Maybe they are more noticed due to thier popularity. Same could be said for the 97.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:14 pm 

My HW .22's, my new HW97 and the old HW98 both preferred the newer Hades pellets to all others,
however the newer HW97 also liked the Barracuda Hunters at 18.21gr. I suspect the TX's will do likewise as
their performance seems close. I did not try the Hunters in the 98.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:04 pm 

grantmac wrote:
Mac wrote:

Been up for awhile?

That one sold, to me.

I’ve browsed that site quite a few times and have found some good deals. How did you go about making the purchase and having it shipped to Canada? What did you have to do? Can you buy any airgun listed? Please let us know! Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:11 pm 

Codswallop wrote:

Both .22 and .177 are very good. If you are planning to use it for target competition or HFT etc. you may prefer .177. If you are mainly a backyard plinker and possibly do some hunting and pest control you may prefer .22. Because in Canada we can have FAC rated guns, it makes .22 very viable for more situations. You really can’t go wrong with either caliber. My only item would be to watch power output. You probably don’t want .177 going supersonic. If the gun you choose is extremely powerful, I’d strongly recommend getting at least .22 cal so your velocity will stay under 8-900 fps.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:42 pm 

Arlo wrote:
Codswallop wrote:

Both .22 and .177 are very good. If you are planning to use it for target competition or HFT etc. you may prefer .177. If you are mainly a backyard plinker and possibly do some hunting and pest control you may prefer .22. Because in Canada we can have FAC rated guns, it makes .22 very viable for more situations. You really can’t go wrong with either caliber. My only item would be to watch power output. You probably don’t want .177 going supersonic. If the gun you choose is extremely powerful, I’d strongly recommend getting at least .22 cal so your velocity will stay under 8-900 fps.

Your show your age that would be Pal rated gun.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:49 pm 

Haha yep I’m old! I’m from the FAC days lol. Going forward, I’ll remember to use the term PAL so I don’t appear elderly :)

Last edited by Arlo on Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:06 pm 

Arlo wrote:
Haha yep I’m old! I’m from the FAC days lol. Going forward, I’ll remember to use the term PAL so I appear elderly :)

Well i think it was 1978 i got my fac or 77 and i am getting old and don't remember

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:38 pm 

Back when HW 35 and FWB 124 were top dogs! (They still are in my book)