Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Flood Damage on Nov. 15
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:56 am 

You may or may not have heard that the BC Interior had many locations that flooded in an "Atmospheric River" event on Nov. 15.... We were very lucky, our house was an island....

Some of our neighbours were not as fortunate....

The highways suffered tremendous damage, here is one section of the Coquihalla Highway, that carries the largest load of truck traffic in BC....

There were 20 sections of the highway that were completely impassable.... The miracle is that they plan to reopen it next Monday, although many sections will just be 2 lanes instead of a freeway.... :o

Bob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:28 am 

Well was starting to worry about you the news on your area did not look good and now i have a earth quake 3.9 at 4.12 AM ......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:40 pm 

Biggest problem for us is fresh groceries.... Milk, eggs, butter and meat are still rationed in Princeton, and non-essential travel banned, so you can't even shop in Penticton, Kelowna or Kamloops (even if you could get there).... We had about an inch of water in our crawlspace (water table rose), and lost about 10% of our memorabilia that was in cardboard boxes.... We now have everything in plastic tubs to avoid a repeat in similar conditions....

Bob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:47 pm 

I would suggest that getting food is only one of the essentials. Beer and whiskey also come to mind,
as those essentials are normally government recommended. Mom and Pop grocery stores can be closed
but not "government" liquor stores.