Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:08 pm 

ten-ring wrote:
TCooper wrote:
I have a couple of P17 pistols. One I got in 2010 and the other a few years ago. No problems other than changing a few cheap o-ring seals.

I just knew I would hear from Todd--but where is yep yep? :) Both had videos on fixes ---but I may be lucky?
[emoji38] looking for me?

Read from the UK forum, looks the P17 quality got lot of improvements in these days and no more like a few years ago when I bought mine...

But IMO, I would still prefer a HW40 over the P17... It will be more reliable and long lasting... If you don't want to tinker, HW40 would be better... Put another wanted ad for a HW40?!

Did you miss the XP4 boxing day sale somewhere I just read? 39.99$ is a great deal without doubt.

Harder coxking means higher power, I will choose 100 times again the same option for a harder cocking 400fps+ SSP than an easy cocking 300ish paper only SSP....

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:01 am 

ten-ring wrote:
Don't want to beat this topic to death again. As I understand , minimal risk of new, out of box flawed P17.
I have 2 options: put out $85 total for new or wait for possible future reply to my post in Wanted forum . I would expect to pay premium for one in great condition . Thanks people!

Problem solved! I had given my HW40 to brother-in-law a few years ago as he was interested in airguns. Spoke to him last night and he will give it back as now into powder burners and had not used it much. He is in Eastern Ontario. I won't get it until a Spring visit

Sad in a way, I won't get to satisfy my fetish for struggling with yet another blister pack :(

Thanks for all input!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:42 am 

That's a nice ending ~

Asked your bro mail it to you?!

Or just have a drive to pick it up~ still in Ontario, not. Quebec yet ~ :)

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:41 am 

I still think that p17 well worth it. I bought it to shoot beer cans when I'm camping and I didn't have to modify it - it works just fine. I probably put over 1000 pellets through it already. P17 is easy to shoot, it's accurate and works well outside. Also it's not expensive so I won't worry if I drop it or get it wet for example. Another good thing about it - due to its low price I won't hesitate to disassembly it and try to fix in case it gives me problems ; )
I guess Weihrauch guns are better quality but P17 shoots just fine and I can get four P17s for the price of HW40.