Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: pp700sa noob
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:28 pm 

just got my pistol today and was excited to try it and borrowed a friends pcp hand pump until mine arrives.

he showed me how to use the pump while pumping his umarex gauntlet and it work perfectly.

i tried pumping my pp700sa from 100bar and after like 50 pumps the needle on the pump gauge barely moved and the needle on the pp700sa moved only very slightly.

i've always seen the fill port oriented so that the fill probe sticks out the other side when fully inserted.

on my pp700sa the fill port is oriented so that the fill probe cannot extends out the other end.

is that normal?

also....out of the box i couldn't hit a soft drink can at 20'!

i tried at 10' and with the rear sight adjusted all the way over for windage it was barely on target.

the only pellets i have right now are crosman domed .22 and they were hitting low and i figured that was due to the lower pressure in the gun.

i have a red dot sight that will be replacing the open sights and i'm still surprised that at 20' they were so off that i couldn't hit the can.

and help is greatly appreciated!

thank you

Post subject: Re: pp700sa noob
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:38 pm 

If you have even the slightest leak in the hose from the pump to the pistol, you’ll find it nearly impossible to fill to 200 bar. As for the adjustment on your sights , I suggest putting the pistol in a vise of some sort to take shooter error out of the question. If that doesn’t get you in the ball park you may have to turn the barrel in the action or change the view in your sight:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:15 pm 

thank you for the reply!

the pump was used just minutes earlier to pump into an umarex gauntlet so i think it's highly unlikely that there's a leak in the pump.

i think i could actually look at a can from 10' away and close my eyes and have a better chance of hitting it than when using the sights!

i have a good amount of pistol time and at 10' i'm definitely not the error.

i shot only 3x at the paper target using the first shot to see where on the paper i was and after moving the rear sight for windage the last two pellet holes connected.

can you address about the fill-port hole and fill-probe situation?

thank you

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:23 pm 

Thinking you don't need 50 pumps or to read the meter to find out the problem...

If things works, you will feel you need harder and harder effort to put air into the gun cylinder and there should be quiet and no where you would hear the air leaking sound... 50 pumps and no air in means it's definitely not a small leak but something like the air releasing screw didn't tighten up before pumping or the fill probe not insert into position Etc... And on each pump, you must hear the air is escaping somewhere else with a loud 'shhh... ' sound.

If just a small leak, you will definitely fill it up but maybe you just need a few more pumps and the air won't stay inside the cylinder forever and will be gone in a few days by itself...

FWB300SU#Tau-7/IZH-46M/FWB-65/CP88
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe#HW40+Extender/P3+Scope/70

Last edited by YepYep on Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:24 pm 

And, don't waste time on the original open sight, everybody knows that's just a cosmetic part on a PP700 and put anything else on it for aiming...

FWB300SU#Tau-7/IZH-46M/FWB-65/CP88
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe#HW40+Extender/P3+Scope/70

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:42 am 

Filler probe orientation is normal. As long as you can put the probe in from one end, there is no problem.

As for the iron sights on the PP700. I found my gun to shoot a bit low at 50 ft. The windage is adjustable on the rear sight. For elevation, I suppose I could grind down the front sight to raise the POI, but since I have other means to aim (pistol scope), I left it alone.

For accuracy, I can hit Nikel size target at 50 ft consistently (benched).

Feinwerkbau 300S
FX Dreamline Classic
Weihrauch HW100KT FSB
Weihrauch HW97KT
Weihrauch HW50S
Artemis M16
Artemis PP700
Weihrauch HW40
Beeman P17
Stoeger XP4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:47 pm 

mine - same red dot on both, with the end pieces screwed off. It makes 0 difference to the shooting or sighting.
10 meters = 32.8 feet 1st targets shot with the pistol including sighting in.

Attachments:
10 meters 2 hands and rested.JPG
10 meters 2 hands and rested.JPG [ 470.11 KiB | Viewed 514 times ]
IMG_2660.JPG
IMG_2660.JPG [ 80.71 KiB | Viewed 514 times ]
IMG_2639.JPG
IMG_2639.JPG [ 32.49 KiB | Viewed 514 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:11 am 

Just a shot in the dark here, but is there a sleeve over the fill ports? One that rotates around as a dust cover, and that has two holes in it? If so, try turning that sleeve an additional 180 degrees, and see if your fill port holes line up so that your probe will fit all the way in. I have seen these guns with the holes in the sleeve slightly off, i.e. not 180 degrees opposite, allowing proper insertion of the probe in only one orientation.
Hope this helps
JD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:09 am 

Are you using the correct fill probe?
In my mind, if the probe isn't inserted all the way, would it not essentially act like the hose is plugged?
Have you bore sighted it? Just to check your aim point... If it's throwing them that far out maybe check the barrel. Loose bore, bad crown maybe. It's a very simple machine, only so many things can be the issue.