Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: RPAL
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:44 pm 

4star60 wrote:
You can call and ask. I believe that got mine moving. Squeaky wheel but after a decent wait, first. And be nice!

I've been considering it honestly. Probably do that on tomorrow or something

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:07 pm 

Well, downloaded the application, took some pictures. hoping they would suffice. Started dog the application and discovered the 2024 expiry date. LOL :roll:
I had heard of one fellow with prohibs that his 12/6 was "revoked" when he attempted to renew in the summer time, I guess that had me concerned about mine
to the point where I thought I had to renew this year. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:38 am 

Daryl wrote:
Well, downloaded the application, took some pictures. hoping they would suffice. Started dog the application and discovered the 2024 expiry date. LOL :roll:
I had heard of one fellow with prohibs that his 12/6 was "revoked" when he attempted to renew in the summer time, I guess that had me concerned about mine

Revoked? With no valid/justified reason?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:58 am 

Headdamage wrote:
In the old days of the FAC I had to go in and meet with an officer in person... these days I can send in a computer form. So much safer for society. Yet I can't own half of the guns that I used to be able to back then, idiot gun laws.

I remember those days well. So much more civilized and efficient. The "new" system lost all my records including R pistol permits. A special kind of hell they created. I got it sorted but ffs .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:24 pm 

Google ‘Runkle of the Bailey’ on YouTube. Ian is a firearms lawyer and he has great videos as to things that have been going on these past few years.

Artemis CR600W .177
Diana Stormrider .177
Seneca Dragonfly MK2 .177

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:49 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Daryl wrote:

That is what I read. Happened when he attempted to renew his license, not due to any charges. If it had been due to charges, etc, THEY would not wait for him to renew.
"We" are automatically "checked" by computer EVERY day for charges, 365 days of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:02 pm 

HelloKy wrote:
4star60 wrote:
You can call and ask. I believe that got mine moving. Squeaky wheel but after a decent wait, first. And be nice!

I've been considering it honestly. Probably do that on tomorrow or something

Been trying to call all day, the moment I get past the menu it just gives me an automated message that they can't take my call due to a higher than usual call volume, and then hangs up on me :axe: sigh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:56 am 

Daryl wrote:
jckstrthmghty wrote:
Daryl wrote:

That is what I read. Happened when he attempted to renew his license, not due to any charges. If it had been due to charges, etc, THEY would not wait for him to renew.
"We" are automatically "checked" by computer EVERY day for charges, 365 days of the year.

So it's come to that. You can't own it if we don't renew your license. Nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:09 pm 

I don't think we should jump to that conclusion, but that underhanded maneuver on their
part struck me that way as well, if indeed, that was what it was, to wait until your 'permit' expires.
Could be for 12/6 or all restricted???
Pretty easy maneuver on their part, then on the day after your permit expires:
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You are under arrest for being in possession of "???" firearms"
"You need not say anything. You have nothing to gain from any favour or promise, nor nothing to fear from
any threat, whether or not you say anything. Anything you say may be given as evidence, at your trial."

There are short forms:

"You need not say anything, anything you say may be given in evidence at your trial"
"You need not say anything, anything you do say, maybe be taken down, turned around and used against you at your trial"
That last one, was in jest. maybe?