Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:40 am 

Got this from H.A.M.: https://hardairmagazine.com/news/norica ... air-rifle/

That would be nice to see that come to our country!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:25 am 

Interesting if the price is right.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:22 am 

Very interesting. Not a fan of the stock. The forend and target like pistol grip are good but even with the adjustable cheek piece I dislike the minimalistic back like how so many new ag's are going. A wood stock option would be my ideal choice. Looking foward to more info as it becomes avaliable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:02 am 

Nope~ it's interesting but this stock is not for me either ~ Norica made / designed very beautiful stocks before, why they move to this kind of thing?

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:17 am 
Site Moderator

"The ZRS system provides a maintenance-free mechanism, Norica continues. It also allows simple disassembly and re-assembly without special tools."

This sounds good. Hopefully they come out with a version having a wood sporter style stock.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:26 am 

Nice gun...I'd be interested in picking up both calibres... :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:45 am 

Spring guns have recoil, and the various systems to try to distance the shooter from it have met mixed success. The airking 54 still leaves the scope susceptible to damage from the recoil even though the shooter may not feel much; the scope and action are moving so its must have an effect on the dynamics overall. Hatsan has their rubber SAS system which doesn't do much. Norica doesn't show the mechanism in this promo clip, but you can see the breach block/barrel recoil so the gun is moving. I say meh. If you want a recoil-less rife just get a PCP - shoot springers as springers. Give me a HW97 or AA TX200 over an Air King any day. And I agree the Norica is fugly. Maybe the plastic gizmo is needed to cover up the mechanical monster inside - would be hard to do in wood.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:22 pm 

if you haven't shot a Diana mod 60 or any of there Giss system airguns you haven't shot a true recoilless :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:19 pm 

Anschutz 380 could be put in with that crowd too, Ace. I like the simplicity of the FWB 300 and the ability to go to one spring with a little more punch than the two spring 10M setup.

PCP, meh. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:56 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Nope~ it's interesting but this stock is not for me either ~ Norica made / designed very beautiful stocks before, why they move to this kind of thing?

"THEY" moved to this type of stock because current marketing trends told them that black plastic, militaristic pistol grips, folding adjustable stocks & assault-rifle type designs would sell
to the current younger populations.

Us old farts, mostly prefer wood.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:58 pm 

yes your correct Tim there are a couple others out there and there all great in there own right
but the Anschutz 380 uses the sliding 'sledge' mechanism which to me is pretty much what this new Norica is using,

pic of the Anschutz 380... 8) :tonqe:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:49 am 

Hello shooters!
I´m Jose Antonio from ZRS, the designer and owner of the patents of the ZRS system. It's a pleasure to be in this forum and to try to clarify all the questions about the new Norica Omnia ZRS.
This new airgun opens a new class inserted between PCP and traditional springers, so we called OMNIA: latin term meaning "who has everything", like omnipotent, omnivore.....
We say it has everything because it is light, simple, tough, free maintenance, affordable like a traditional springer and it is smooth, recoiless like a pcp. And besides, avoid the worse aspect of both: scopes are safe and you can see where pellet impacts (recoil does not affect scope) and you don't have to refill HPA (scuba, pumps, hoses...), change O'rings, difficult maintenance.
The ZRS system is basically a stock, a chassis that holds the current all steel action. It consists basically on an aluminum cylnder and polymer rings. All mechanised under severe tolerances in order to assure the accuracy.
NORICA has made the highest bet to assault the top of the current All-purpose airguns market, offering the best of its actions: gas piston, adjustable trigger, low cocking effort, very good finish, and improved barrel.
We have tested 3 final prototypes more than 8.000 shots to find every defect in the design. Now we trust on it at 100%. ZRS has made more than 18 prototypes with Air Arms, Cometa, Crosman and Norica actions, getting a lot of experience with them.
I know there are other recoiless springers but only one is "full power": Diana 56. Our Norica Omnia ZRS has several aspects that give a plus:
low weight 8lbs
ZRS can shoot recoiless at any angle, even upwards 90º to the horizon
Smotheer recoiless feeling
Scope is safe from recoil
low weight 8lbs
ZRS can shoot recoiless at any angle, even upwards 90º to the horizon
Smotheer recoiless feeling
You can disassemble your ZRS system with two allen tools only in less than 3 minutes: no tiny springs or balls jumping on your table, or strange and complicated mounting
NORICA OMNIA ZRS will be very affordable

We know all that german 10mts recoiless airguns too but their market scope is not ours: they are heavy, complicated, expensive and besides...they are not going to be produced anymore because of their probably forbidden making costs.

So with these characteristics, we think our product is a very good choice for hunters and plinkers. And even for people who want to begin to compete in Field target contests.
Accuracy: it is very easy to get excellent results when recoil is not moving your airgun, hand, and shoulder. These are only two targets got by a current shooter, 27 yards, gallery, bench rest position, JSB exact pellets, full power airgun but with many shots on it (surely more than 3.500 (about only 887fps )), 9x magnifying scope. 5 shots on each target.

Hope this post can clarify some aspects but do not hesitate to ask everything you want about it. I´ll try to answer the best I can. Sorry for my poor English.
Greetings!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:45 pm 

Hi everybody! I`m the designer of the Norica omnia ZRS. Thank you all for your interest in the air rifle. I understand your initial doubts about this new gun. I'll try to answer all your questions.

The system keeps the scope zero because internally, all the action runs over "like Delrin" rings, guided by two mechanisms: one rubber inside a guide and one steel part. Tolerances are less than 0.0039 ″ (0'1mm). The rubber allows airgun to shoot upwards at any angle, up to 90º . Its almost free maintenance (change rubber at...10.000 shots? we have tested more than 5.000 shots in one prototype and rubber is ok). No oils or grase needed. If you want to disassemble the airgun, you only need two allen tools. Internal parts are only 4 parts and 5 screws. Very simple and fast. Forget those tiny springs or balls jumping over your table.

Accuracy is highly improved cause the hold is not critical because is recoiless. Ergonomy is optimal to shoot with open sights or with scope (better with cheekpiece).

I show you two targets made at 27 yards by a current shooter, bench rest position. 9x magnify, JSB exact pellets, ,.177 caliber, 887fps (airgun has many shots over)

The system has been tested firtsly in the World FT Contest of 2019 and after that, we have build more than 9 different protoypes and models, improving the initial system.

We trust ont he product and we think can satisfy at every shooter that wants to forget O'rings, broke scopes, refilling HPA...only one rifle and one tin of pellets and going to the range all the day, needing only one shot to hit the target.

Greetings,

Jose.

Attachments:
d685bfa7-5af4-4fc5-9754-90fb272d84c4.jpg
d685bfa7-5af4-4fc5-9754-90fb272d84c4.jpg [ 91.86 KiB | Viewed 1290 times ]
a4c2f806-2453-4af1-b0b9-975ebd50a168.jpg
a4c2f806-2453-4af1-b0b9-975ebd50a168.jpg [ 104.28 KiB | Viewed 1290 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:11 pm 

Hi everybody! I`m the designer of the Norica omnia ZRS. Thank you all for your interest in the air rifle. I understand your initial doubts about this new gun. I'll try to answer all your questions.

The system keeps the scope zero because internally, all the action runs over "like Delrin" rings, guided by two mechanisms: one rubber inside a guide and one steel part. Tolerances are less than 0.0039 ″ (0'1mm). The rubber allows airgun to shoot upwards at any angle, up to 90º. It's almost free maintenance (change rubber at...10.000 shots? we have tested more than 5.000 shots in one prototype and rubber is ok). No oils or grease are needed. If you want to disassemble the airgun, you only need two allen tools. Internal parts are only 4 parts and 5 screws. Very simple and fast. Forget those tiny springs or balls jumping over your table.

Accuracy is highly improved cause the hold is not critical because is recoiless. Ergonomy is optimal to shoot with open sights or with scope (better with cheekpiece).

I show you two targets made at 27 yards by a current shooter, bench rest position. 9x magnify, JSB exact pellets, ,.177 caliber, 887fps (airgun has many shots over)
Attachment:
File comment: 27yards, 5 shots, gallery, bench rest, 887fps (weared seal, 18ft-lbs gas piston system), JSAb exact .177, x9 scope.
a4c2f806-2453-4af1-b0b9-975ebd50a168.jpg
a4c2f806-2453-4af1-b0b9-975ebd50a168.jpg [ 104.28 KiB | Viewed 1290 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Same conditions.
d685bfa7-5af4-4fc5-9754-90fb272d84c4.jpg
d685bfa7-5af4-4fc5-9754-90fb272d84c4.jpg [ 91.86 KiB | Viewed 1290 times ]

Everything you want to know about it, do not hesitate to ask me.
Greetings!.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:49 pm 

I would like to answer but 3 times I have tired, but none has been approved. :?: