Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: 1911 problem
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:18 am 

Hi I have a KWC 1911 tac pistol. The last time I used it back in November it was working fine, however when I got it out yesterday to use it, I loaded the magazine with a new CO2 cylinder and BBs, pulled the trigger and nothing just a click. racked the slide nothing so I tried a different cartridge in a different magazine and same result. just the click of the trigger!
I did some reading on the subject and I think that the problem is most probably something to do with the grip safety. However to get at that grip safety means tearing the bottom half of the pistol completely apart. While I can do this, I thought it would be much more advantageous to ask the question here; on the forum where there are so many owners of the 1911 and see if someone has a better idea that will save me tearing it all the way down.
So if you have had the problem or know someone who has, please share your resolution with me.
Thank you in advance.

Some people won't admit their faults.
I would, if I had any!

Post subject: Re: 1911 problem
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:29 am 

I had the same problem.
Resolved mine by ensuring that the slide was back when I inserted the mag.
Seems to sometimes not engage properly otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:04 am 

Hi i have that exact pistol. Did you remember to pull the slide back before inserting the mag as he said. I forgot one time and snapped off the BB follower. Had to get it repaired.

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Dan Wesson 715 Nickel 6" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:23 am 

Hi I tried with 3 different mags and racked slide, still no gas going anywhere :(

I would, if I had any!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:39 am 

CeeDee wrote:
Hi I tried with 3 different mags and racked slide, still no gas going anywhere :(
Racked the slide after inserting the mag or locking the slide back before inserting?
Sorry for being picky on the description, but that was the issue for me.
Beyond that I am brand new to this pistol so no other knowledge yet. Have not torn mine apart yet.
Please let us know when you find the solution since I may encounter the same problem in the future.
Thanks
Rob27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:18 pm 

If gas goes out when you push valve on magazine then I would try to insert magazine, cock the hammer and push "firing pin" (for no better term for that pin which is hammer strikes) manually with a pen or screwdriver to see if it lets gas out.
If gas is not coming then probably hammer doesn't strike hard or deep enough. If gas doesn't come I would remove the slide and see if something is broken inside.

I don't think it has anything to do with grip safety - as far as I know grip safety prevents trigger to be pulled - if it malfunctions you wouldn't have a click when you pull the trigger.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:21 pm 

Thanks for the replies.

@rob27 l tried both ways and it made no difference.

@scanny tha hammer hits on the head of a cap screw (Allen key style) but there is no movement in it. I tried pressing with a variety of tools. I did take the slide apart and I don’t see anything broken.

I would, if I had any!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:39 pm 

CeeDee wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

@scanny tha hammer hits on the head of a cap screw (Allen key style) but there is no movement in it. I tried pressing with a variety of tools. I did take the slide apart and I don’t see anything broken.

I checked my 1911, looks like i was wrong, that cap screw which looks like a firing pin is not moving on my 1911 either. Looks like lower part of hammer strikes small tab underneath and that releases gas. Didn't test it yet, but that small tabs moves for sure.
So I would try to push it with small screwdriver to see if it releases the gas, maybe that top cap screw got loose and hammer doesn't fully strike that small tab below.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:11 pm 

@scanny: I tried moving that ‘tab’ but had no luck. With the slide removed I can get some movement backwards [out towards the hammer) So I think that I may have to tear it down to see what is going on :(

I would, if I had any!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:50 pm 

CeeDee wrote:
@scanny: I tried moving that ‘tab’ but had no luck. With the slide removed I can get some movement backwards [out towards the hammer) So I think that I may have to tear it down to see what is going on :(

Hopefully it's something easy, I got issue in the past when BB stuck inside firing mechanism in P08. Here's full strip guide for KWC 1911:
https://co2-handguns.freeforums.net/thr ... trip-guide , but I'm sure there are some youtube videos as well

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:59 pm 

CeeDee wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

@scanny the hammer hits on the head of a cap screw (Allen key style) but there is no movement in it. I tried pressing with a variety of tools. I did take the slide apart and I don’t see anything broken.

That allen/cap screw on the very back of the slide, does hold the CO2/blowback chamber. Yes the hammer look like it is hitting it but it has nothing to do with firing the gun. If it come's loose it may prevent the hammer to hit the valve correctly. The firing happen below on the main body.

SilentMan... :drinkers:

6mm
Not enough and to many.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:52 pm 

So I stripped it down to it's basic parts using this video as a guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT0KbfaHp4I and it would seem that it has been apart before, as a small brass bushing is missing on the left side safety leaver. I don't think that it would cause my problem though..
So I guess I will just put it all back together and see what happens!

I would, if I had any!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:07 pm 

So it’s all back together and working fine! It would seem that what I thought was a missing blushing is in fact a small design change. The problem would seem to have been that a small spring was not located correctly because now it is the “firing pin” is now retracting.
So all is well.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I would, if I had any!