Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: CO2 = "dirty"?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:38 pm 

A while back I noticed both of my CO2 pistols (Walther CP88 Competition and Beretta M92) were opening up their groups, so I cleaned the bores and presto... problem solved like magic. The patches were really dirty, I have put probably 500-700 rounds through each pistol. I also have a Beeman P3 and a Weirauch HW45, both of which have spat more rounds than the Walther and the Beretta combined, and they still group absolutely perfectly. I use the same ammo for all 4 pistols (after testing several types, weights, and brands they all seem to prefer one of two JSB types, depends on weight) and I only use the ICO power caps for all my CO2 airguns. Out of curiosity, I cleaned the bores of the Weirauch and the Beeman anyway, and the patches were nowhere near as dirty and they were shooting as well as before cleaning, ie: very nice groups. So my question is: has anyone here noticed similar behaviour with their airguns? My CO2 pistols respond very well to frequent cleaning and suffer without it, but my spring pistol and pneumatic pistol dont seem to need or want cleaning at all. I only have one CO2 rifle so I cant do a comparison for rifles but I would like to hear from anyone who has CO2 airguns of any type who may have noticed differences like this. Lots of knowledgeable people here, so let me know your thoughts! Are CO2 airguns "dirtier" than springs and pneumatics?

Post subject: Re: CO2 = "dirty"?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:56 pm 

On co2 gun we put a drop of oil on every sparklet end, the use of that oil is to keep the inside on gun oiled to make sure the seal stay on good shape.

The over of oil finish on the barrel, that is what you find on your patch. So yes the co2 gun barrel need to be cleaned more often than a springner.

Me on my competition pistol I run a few dry patch every 2 tanks, around 160 shoots. I better like to run patch then to have change seal because i dont oil the mecanism .

Slavia 630
Daisy 853c
Crosman 422
Beeman p-17
TAU 7
2200 magnum