Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:54 pm 

So having not been an active shooter for more than 10 years, broke out my guns and got a new chrony. Only to find my PE .22 has lost a lot of power. Tested my other guns and they are spot on. PE is around 15 ftlb with all pellets. Feels good but numbers are all over the place. That's the bad news. Good news is I bought a new factory spring and piston seal in '08 from Boris at Top gun Air. Does anyone recommend a Canadian tuner who can bring the beast back to life?????? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:05 pm 

What is your location ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:24 pm 

JohnB wrote:
my PE .22 has lost a lot of power. is around 15 ftlb with all pellets. Feels good but numbers are all over the place. That's the bad news. Good news is I bought a new factory spring and piston seal in '08

Was curious. You've likely seen this already:

https://airgunwarriors.com/community/ai ... pro-elite/

I found more. Interesting rifle you have there. Sort of rare. If your's is walnut, very rare.

.177 Cometa Fusion, Vantage 3-9x40
.177 Cometa Fenix LT, Endurance 4-16x50
.22 Cometa Fenix, Airmax 3-9x40

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:29 pm 

Thanks all, looks like Ace is going to Help! I have read the airgun warriors summary. I think because the rifle sat inactive for so long, in a gun safe, vertical, the lubrication in the gun dispersed downward with gravity. When I started shooting again, the beast shook loose the piston seal. I hope to get this beauty tuned back to Original! When I was shooting regularly, I was getting 805 fps with 14.3 premiers, 3-6 sdv. Hope to get h9er back to normal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:19 pm 

JohnB wrote:
Thanks all, looks like Ace is going to Help! I have read the airgun warriors summary. I think because the rifle sat inactive for so long, in a gun safe, vertical, the lubrication in the gun dispersed downward with gravity. When I started shooting again, the beast shook loose the piston seal. I hope to get this beauty tuned back to Original! When I was shooting regularly, I was getting 805 fps with 14.3 premiers, 3-6 sdv. Hope to get h9er back to normal.

The Pro Elite has a tendency to burn the edge of piston seals. The good news is that the gun is ridiculously easy to take apart/service. The spring is under zero preload so you need no spring compressor. The bad part of the piston seal is its method of attachment. It suffers from a very shallow attachment setup. Some owners have resorted to gluing the seal on. It is also a very stiff and non-pliable seal so should be pre-soaked in very hot water before installing. That is about it though .. all in all it is still easier to work on than many, many other springers. Easy to do yourself if you already have the seal. Gun should put out 20 to 21fpe when working properly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:22 pm 

eSteve wrote:
JohnB wrote:
my PE .22 has lost a lot of power. is around 15 ftlb with all pellets. Feels good but numbers are all over the place. That's the bad news. Good news is I bought a new factory spring and piston seal in '08

Was curious. You've likely seen this already:

https://airgunwarriors.com/community/ai ... pro-elite/

I found more. Interesting rifle you have there. Sort of rare. If your's is walnut, very rare.

I just clicked on that link and this came up - twice.

" STOP! READ THIS BEFORE CONTINUING! STOP!
This website runs a protection script to keep spammers, bots, and other unwanted connections away ... and the protection script found a problem with your connection.

The reason(s) your connection was interrupted are:
Cloud (IPV4:L7198).

If you can fix the issue yourself (such as using a different browser, connecting through a different Internet provider, etc) please do so. Otherwise, PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 24 HOURS so the site administrator has a chance to look into the problem.

The site administrator invites you to start a trouble ticket about this issue. Please enter the relevant details below, and click the "Submit Trouble Ticket" button to send it to us.
Your name:
Your email address:
Additional information that may be relevant:

The following connection details have been logged to help the site administrator resolve this issue:
Record #: 134301
Time: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:21:43 -0500
Host / ISP: 198.8.92.148
Geohost: 198.8.92.148.NA.CA.46562.performive (198.8.92.0/24)
IP Address: 198.8.92.148
Stripped Query:
Referer: https://www.airgunforum.ca/
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:96.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/96.0 [ZBB4.1 en NA CA 46562 0]
Reconstructed URL: http:// airgunwarriors.com /community/airgun-talk/air-arms-pro-elite/

Generated by AGW Security 0.7.0, based on code maintained by JamesC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:27 pm 

You may just have browser issues Daryl. The link is clean on my browser, it takes you to a different Forum and the posts/topic talks about the glued on piston seal and the problems it creates with this platform. It seems really dumb to have a glued on piston seal, anyhow it's the likely culprit in the OP's rifle - should be an easy fix tune job for Ace.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:29 pm 

Tks Duke. Could be the Bitdefender or settings. Using Firefox browser.