Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:00 am 

Hi airgun mates!
I'm Jose from ZRS. I'm the designer of the ZRS systems and the new recoiless break barrel gas piston, Norica Omnia ZRS.
It's a pleasure for me to answer all your questions about it and about any other topics where I can help.
I have been pcp shooter (Hatsan grizzly at-44 long and Cometa Lynx)too but I got tired of refilling HPA so I centered on springers: some of mine are or have been gamo maxima express, varmint stalker, extreme CO2, all cometa models and calibers, and almost all Norica models. Besides some Chinese like qb57, sharp innova… and some CO2 pistols and revolvers. Many years shooting, modifying and, of course, breaking airguns.
Hope I can add to this forum, so interesting and different to European ones.

Greetings all, especially to Nova Scotia shooters, where my daughter was 1 year studying there, in Bridgewater, and spent a marvelous estance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:01 pm 

Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:14 pm 

Welcome to the Forum Senor Jose, always nice to have someone from outside of North America to give us some insight on airgun in your part of the continent. looking forward for your feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:56 pm 

Thank you all! I'll try to add whatever I can.
Greetings!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:43 pm 

Welcome Jose,

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:22 am 

Hola y bienvenido José,

Most interesting knowing you have much experience with Norica. Will most certainly come to you for advice.
Glad to have you on the Forum.

Hawk-i

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:15 pm 

Hawk-I wrote:
Hola y bienvenido José,

Most interesting knowing you have much experience with Norica. Will most certainly come to you for advice.

Hawk-i

¡Gracias!
I’ll try to help you with system of Norica. Ask whatever you want.
Regards!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:54 pm 

Hello and welcome on the forum Jose :).

Very curious about that recoilless rifle, nice design work you did there! Wishing you success and I'll be following!

Francois

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:22 am 

Welcome to the forum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:14 am 

Hawk-I wrote:
Hola y bienvenido José,

Hawk-i

As I can´t send messages yet. I answer you in this topic:
Quote:
Hola José,
....... Maybe Norica will use the ZRS with wood stock in the future ?

If we succeed with this model, we have planned more, including a wood stock one. But I don't think this one can arrive before 2 years. Norica is a small enterprise if you compare with Gamo, Hatsan...
Quote:
In the meantime...I am looking at purchasing a Norica STORM in .22cal (no moderator/suppressor) and installing the Norica brand GRS upgrade Blister Kit to replace German made piston Spring installed in model STORM. However, very little information on actual improvement with GRS for recoil...cocking effort...and vibration reduction from actual owners of GRS airgun rifles from Norica in Full Power. Unfortunately...Norica is not well known and appreciated in North America (USA and Canada). The company does not support any Marketing and leaves it to large Retailers or On-Line sellers such as Aceros de Hispania or Mundilar to promote brand Norica.
So, what do you think of my idea of converting the STORM ? Can you please make comment or recommendation ? I have HATSAN mod 95 Vortex in .22cal and very satisfied. I think Norica has better quality.
Gracias amigo.
Richard

About Storm: The aluminum diffusor works really well: better accuracy, better balance and even, reduces sound. Besides, barrel is a little bit shorter, 30mm. SO I recommend it, better than a simple barrel. I have some Marvics and tuned dragons in .25, .22 and .177 with and without aluminum diffusor and I prefer barrel with diffusor.
About GRS: hmmm... difficult question to find a definite answer. I don´t know wich GRS is mounting NORICA now. At first, they mounted a 600Nw GRS: hard to cock, high power 18ft-lbs but very very hard recoil. After my recommendation, they began to mount a 550Nw GRS and the difference is evident: better in all ways.
Ask to the shop wich GRS is. If it is the 550Nw, I recommend you. If it is the 600Nw one or higher I don't.
Nevertheless GRS you install, do the next trick:
1.-Lighten the piston with a radial, sanding the 3 faces, so you have 3 flat faces and the 4th face is the groove face. Try to make them equal: for example when you start to see the metal sleeve. Nothing happens if you make a groove.
2.- Remove the metal sleeve: it doesn't matter if you destroy it,
3.-Insert the GRS upside down: the gas cylinder inside the piston. First put a medium hard rubber (60-80Shore) 5-8mm on the inside base of the piston. Surround the GRS with a layer of foam so that it is well centered and does not move inside the piston.
At the other end of the GRS, you need to put a circular metalic support with a hole in the end. In Europe, it is very simple, as the 50ct€ coin fits perfectly (25mm diameter).
Put a dab of silicone grease just at the end area of the GRS cylinder, where the rod is inserted and moves.
And mount everything.
With this trick you will get the same power or even a little more but with a much lower recoil and a greater constancy of velocity of the pellet. My competition Norica are tuned like this but with 450Nw GRS to low to 12ft-lbs.
IN a Dream Hunter, I did the trick with a 600Nw GRS and it gets 17ft-lbs in .22, much more than any other Dream Hunter made. :mrgreen:

The metal spring can work very well too, but in this case I remove the top hat and replace it with a disc rubber (same as the GRS trick) and two polished washers. So you insert in this order, inside the piston: rubber+washer+washer+spring. Sand the ends of the spring. In the plastic guide, insert 2 washers instead of one, but sand them both first. Always put a little silicone grease (not too much) on all parts that can move. Do not modify the piston in this case.
This trick gives you a very smooth movement for the spring. When the spring compresses and decompresses, it can rotate freely, so the shots are very consistent and the spring life is longer.

Hope this post helps you to decide.
If you have doubts aboout it, do not hesitate to ask.
¡Saludos!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:22 pm 

kijoseki wrote:
Hawk-I wrote:
Hola y bienvenido José,

Hawk-i

As I can´t send messages yet. I answer you in this topic:
Quote:
Hola José,
....... Maybe Norica will use the ZRS with wood stock in the future ?

If we succeed with this model, we have planned more, including a wood stock one. But I don't think this one can arrive before 2 years. Norica is a small enterprise if you compare with Gamo, Hatsan...
Quote:
In the meantime...I am looking at purchasing a Norica STORM in .22cal (no moderator/suppressor) and installing the Norica brand GRS upgrade Blister Kit to replace German made piston Spring installed in model STORM. However, very little information on actual improvement with GRS for recoil...cocking effort...and vibration reduction from actual owners of GRS airgun rifles from Norica in Full Power. Unfortunately...Norica is not well known and appreciated in North America (USA and Canada). The company does not support any Marketing and leaves it to large Retailers or On-Line sellers such as Aceros de Hispania or Mundilar to promote brand Norica.
So, what do you think of my idea of converting the STORM ? Can you please make comment or recommendation ? I have HATSAN mod 95 Vortex in .22cal and very satisfied. I think Norica has better quality.
Gracias amigo.
Richard

About Storm: The aluminum diffusor works really well: better accuracy, better balance and even, reduces sound. Besides, barrel is a little bit shorter, 30mm. SO I recommend it, better than a simple barrel. I have some Marvics and tuned dragons in .25, .22 and .177 with and without aluminum diffusor and I prefer barrel with diffusor.
About GRS: hmmm... difficult question to find a definite answer. I don´t know wich GRS is mounting NORICA now. At first, they mounted a 600Nw GRS: hard to cock, high power 18ft-lbs but very very hard recoil. After my recommendation, they began to mount a 550Nw GRS and the difference is evident: better in all ways.
Ask to the shop wich GRS is. If it is the 550Nw, I recommend you. If it is the 600Nw one or higher I don't.
Nevertheless GRS you install, do the next trick:
1.-Lighten the piston with a radial, sanding the 3 faces, so you have 3 flat faces and the 4th face is the groove face. Try to make them equal: for example when you start to see the metal sleeve. Nothing happens if you make a groove.
2.- Remove the metal sleeve: it doesn't matter if you destroy it,
3.-Insert the GRS upside down: the gas cylinder inside the piston. First put a medium hard rubber (60-80Shore) 5-8mm on the inside base of the piston. Surround the GRS with a layer of foam so that it is well centered and does not move inside the piston.
At the other end of the GRS, you need to put a circular metalic support with a hole in the end. In Europe, it is very simple, as the 50ct€ coin fits perfectly (25mm diameter).
Put a dab of silicone grease just at the end area of the GRS cylinder, where the rod is inserted and moves.
And mount everything.
With this trick you will get the same power or even a little more but with a much lower recoil and a greater constancy of velocity of the pellet. My competition Norica are tuned like this but with 450Nw GRS to low to 12ft-lbs.
IN a Dream Hunter, I did the trick with a 600Nw GRS and it gets 17ft-lbs in .22, much more than any other Dream Hunter made. :mrgreen:

The metal spring can work very well too, but in this case I remove the top hat and replace it with a disc rubber (same as the GRS trick) and two polished washers. So you insert in this order, inside the piston: rubber+washer+washer+spring. Sand the ends of the spring. In the plastic guide, insert 2 washers instead of one, but sand them both first. Always put a little silicone grease (not too much) on all parts that can move. Do not modify the piston in this case.
This trick gives you a very smooth movement for the spring. When the spring compresses and decompresses, it can rotate freely, so the shots are very consistent and the spring life is longer.

Hope this post helps you to decide.
If you have doubts aboout it, do not hesitate to ask.
¡Saludos!

Welcome to the forum Jose!
Just an fyi Canada does lot allow any sort sound suppression/moderator/reducers(sound reducing shrouds) on airguns here , it is very illegal for us. We are allowed air strippers and muzzle brakes only.
regards Walther

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:29 am 

Oh! I didn´t know that about muzzles. It s a pity because alluminum one is a beauty and besides, work very well.
https://noricaairguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Norica-Airguns-Storm-Detail-2.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:48 pm 

Hey there. I am newbie here too

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:50 pm 

Treycy wrote:
Hey there. I am newbie here too
Hey Treycy.
Take a moment to create a new thread in the Introduce Yourself section and tell us a bit about you and what brings you to the forum.
Welcome!
Rob27