Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:01 pm 

Crosman finally delivered the 1701P grip frame (part 2220-103). I ordered and paid for it months ago. The plan was to install it on a 2240. I thought it would be a plug-n-play, but not so. I can't get the 2240 hammer to fully cock with the 1701p sear.
At present I have the trigger assy apart on the bench. Sure is different than the OEM 2240 assembly. There is a light two-legged spring whose correct position I can't figure out. Does anyone have a photo of an assembled 2220-103 trigger assembly that they can post? I was not able to locate a parts diagram online that showed the individual trigger components in place.
Thanks!
JD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:01 pm 

This could help you: http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2 ... igger.html

You will also need to replace or mod your hammer: http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2 ... igger.html

Here's the link to the Crosman 1701P pistol Owner's manual, you can find adjustment instructions in it: https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/ar ... 1-Present-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:30 pm 

Fantastic! Like I said, it took month to get this assy from Crosman. The blog you referred me to is what originally inspired me to do this mod, and I had forgotten about it! Thanks for reminding me! (I need to start making notes to myself....)
JD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:21 am 

So, it looks easy enough to work-around the hammer issue, you need to fill in the circumferential groove, at least on the bottom 1/4 of the circumference (I think doing it all around would be better assuming JB weld or similar epoxy fill). Or get a 1701 hammer at the same time as the pistol grip upgrade. Can you please post a picture of what you got in the kit from Crosman?

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:22 pm 

Here is a photo showing what the kit contains, reference number 2220-103. Note that in this photo the hairspring is in place, but the top leg has not been installed under the top link as yet. The frame that I received as part of the kit was drilled through the trigger guard for access to the two trigger set screws. Kit includes the safety pin, ball and spring.
I have a bit of Sugru here that I think I will use to fill the groove on the hammer. Should work as well as anything else. I am going to use a forstner drill to add an inspection hole to be able to see the two trigger set screws, as per the anotherairgunblog posting.
JD

Attachments:
1301P trigger assy.jpg
1301P trigger assy.jpg [ 79.7 KiB | Viewed 833 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:44 pm 

Good idea that window in the side panel, I struggled a bit to adjust mine, but now it's good. I'm sure you'll be amazed at the difference with the OEM trigger :) .

JD I think you're on your way to a very nice build/tune! Do you plan to keep the original barrel, and do other mods?

Atb,

Francois

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:19 pm 

Francois, on this one I have a Charles Mellon steel hollow probe/bolt and an adjustable hammer and spring cap from the same source. It has a heavier hammer spring. It has a Gravmag 9 shot clip, and an iron peep sight and elevated front site from the same guy. The transfer port has been modified and has an additional top oring. I had a longer barrel on it, but switched back to OEM as it was getting a bit too quick.
I am looking froward to playing with this new trigger assembly, it should be good. I am still waiting for the Sugru on the hammer to cure. Another 8 hours should do it.
Oh yeah, it also has a modified valve and a fancy-dancy brass trigger shoe.
JD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:57 am 

The Sugru dried and cured overnight on the hammer, and it should work really well. I like using that stuff, it is really mold-able (if that is a word). I bet a guy could use it to make a single shot tray really easily. It holds its shape after you have finished making the shape you want, and you are able to work it up to a half hour after taking it from its pouch. Good stuff.
I was re-reading my post from last night, and I need to make a correction. The 2240 I am working on does NOT have the heavier spring. The spring was not needed as I have the adjustable cap on it already. I make sure I keep these things legal.
JD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:15 pm 

JayDee24ca wrote:
The Sugru dried and cured overnight on the hammer, and it should work really well.
JD

I'm anxious to know how well it works, and how it feels.
I started out just to make a .22 cal pumper, and got sucked down the 13xx/22xx rabbit hole and it one heck of a money sink!

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:26 pm 

Yep, I've paid out way more than I should have, for bits and pieces, and fancy doo-dads. Its an addiction that only seems to grow worse.
Anyway, I put the gun back together this afternoon and ran maybe 100 pellets through it, adjusting the trigger a bit after every two shots or so. I really like this trigger setup. I got the pull and release smooth like buttah now. I like a fairly long first stage and an almost immediate second, with a light spring, and it was easy to get with this setup. Well worth the money. IMO.
JD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:37 pm 

JayDee24ca wrote:
Well worth the money. IMO.
JD

:? :lol: I was afraid you'd say that...I wonder if Crosman would give me a bulk discount, I need 3 of them!? I looked for just the trigger and sears but Crosman.ca only has the trigger and the complete kit.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:27 pm 

Make it 4; I need another one too.