Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Range Day Check List
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:01 am 

On Saturday I completed my shooting range Orientation. The range is an hour from home so I need to take everything with me when I leave. Most of the time I will be dropping my grand daughter off on the way. Just as I started this post I realized I forgot bipod and shooting bag and rack rod from the list. If you all look over the check list please post anything you think I should add.
Attachment:
Check list.jpg
Check list.jpg [ 133.94 KiB | Viewed 1195 times ]

Thanks All, Have A Great Day
Robert

Post subject: Re: Range Day Check List
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:23 am 

Hi Robert.
I also just joined a club that is just over an hour away.

I shoot springers so the left side of the list goes away.

Since there may be powder burners shooting on the same range I always ensure that I have ear protection in my bag.

Given the distance, it is usually a multi-hour event so I always bring lunch, beverages, snacks...

I have a weather dependent list as well - rain gear and boots in case I need to slog down range to set targets, many different layers of clothing, hats, gloves, etc.

Best wishes with your new club.
Rob27

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:25 am 

Rather than take your compressor to the range, IMO it's probably a better idea to just get a bigger or higher-compression air tank to take with you.

The only way I can empty my 6.8L tank in a 3 hour range session is if I open the valve and flush the tank directly into the atmosphere. At our range there's no electricity available. So I'd have to take a gas-powered pump if I were to bring one.

My range is about a 30-40 minute drive away, most of the time. Bad traffic can slow that down tremendously, though.

Our range is outdoors, and on the side of a mountain, so as Rob27 mentions, bringing a variety of clothing can help.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:33 pm 

I have a small 12 volt battery I have taken, or I could use one of the truck's batteries to run the compressor.
Having dual power possibilities is a plus. I thought all the small compressors were configured that way. I've not
even tried mine on the household current - yet. My batteries, (currently have the RV's 2 6volt batteries, 2 Deep
cycle 12 volt and one small Subaru 12 volt batteries in the shop. Most are on 2volt trickle chargers once a month
or every couple months to check.
I use the small Subaru battery at the range.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:57 pm 

I bought new electronic muffs need add to the list. Thanks Guys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:23 pm 

I would add a chronograph if you have the FX pocket one that doesn’t have to be set up down range. And also batteries for it.

Diana Outlaw .177
Benjamin Marauder .177/.22/.25
Benjamin Armada .25
HW 80 .22
HW100KT .22