Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:10 pm 

I have a Diana Bandit which I quite enjoy plinking with. I recently purchased some good quality pellets (RWS R10 Match and Meisterkugeln) but I found they didn't shoot any better than the cheap Crossman flat nose. I was shooting in the basement with a good solid rest. At 10 yards they were around an inch for 9 shots. I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions to improve accuracy. I was thinking maybe a regulator but there may be some less expensive alternative. TC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:15 pm 

Crown polish using a domed brass straight slotted screw with some JB compound or very fine, fine paper, like 1500grit or Crocus Cloth (Cdn Tire) on the end of it, spun
in an electric drill, held against the muzzle crown and rotate your wrist slightly for a perfectly symmetrical re-finish.
Inch at 10 yards is not good & I would expect a difference in accuracy of different pellets.
The expensive pellets should be better, but that is not ALWAYS the case.
I do think that your accuracy should be better, but then, much depends on how well you do at that range with other pistols.
I have the same gun (I think) as a PP-800 & it isn't as accurate as my PP700, but it does better than an inch at 10 yards.

Last edited by Daryl on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:17 pm 

Buying expensive pellets is not the right way to go when trying to find the right pellets, although there may be some advantage to not starting out with cheap inconsistent size pellets. I'd suggest the first step is to try a variety of pellets and see if you find the one that groups well in your gun. If you're lucky they won't be the most expensive. I'd try some JSB Express in a few different weights, they range from light in the RS model to heavy and extra heavy. HIH.

))))----//----------==

Iacio ergo sum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:52 pm 

trky chsr wrote:
I have a Diana Bandit which I quite enjoy plinking with. I recently purchased some good quality pellets (RWS R10 Match and Meisterkugeln) but I found they didn't shoot any better than the cheap Crossman flat nose. I was shooting in the basement with a good solid rest. At 10 yards they were around an inch for 9 shots. I was wondering if anyone has some suggestions to improve accuracy. I was thinking maybe a regulator but there may be some less expensive alternative. TC

HI there is lots you can do but it depends on your skill /exp level.
1)There can be a little squished rifled from an unsupported crowning tool. I usually cut 6-8mm of barrel off and recrown. takes some exp thou.

2)The chamber is often rough as well as with a sharp entrance on the leade into the rifling, an abrasive rubber dremel bit can fix that. *** this is very important one as it really helps the stock mags work flawlessly.Many people hate the stock mags but in my exp after that is done they work as they should.

3) transfer port sometimes has small burrs.

Look up on GTA forums Nervoustrigger has great threads about doing these mods on a plinkster/cr600w etc variants (they are all the same base gun. outside of grips, valves, and triggers.