Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:49 pm 

Well, I just couldn't resist... I bought one of Raman's (Canada Shooting Supply) Milano Tsunami T1 parts guns. I also picked up main Tube O-rings and a spare valve.

I must say for a parts gun, it is in remarkably good shape. I haven't dug into it yet but I can already see that it will need o-rings for the outer valve side of the main tube. I suspect that the inner side of the valve could possibly need o-rings and I am thinking that I may as well go all out and re-seal the whole thing. Give it a good clean and smooth a few parts out.

Does anyone know the specs of all the o-rings for this rifle? I have main tube seals but need the rest. Also in the past I used Urethane O-rings on a few areas. What material should I use where? I am thinking Urethan for the outer valve for sure but where else would benefit from and upgrade from buna-n to Urethane?

Thanks all!

Attachments:
File comment: Milano Tsunami O-rings
Milano Tsunami T1 Orings.jpeg
Milano Tsunami T1 Orings.jpeg [ 71.71 KiB | Viewed 840 times ]

Daisy Powerline 717 (in bits and pieces LOL)
Daisy Powerline 953
2289G Lightly Modded
AR2078 - HPA with DFG Valve Stem
Umerex Air Javelin (HPA Mod)
Milano Tsunami T1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:14 pm 

You bought a parts gun too?

Rich

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:56 am 

No.

He called it a parts or repair gun. I think the manufacturer had a bit of an issue with the first run of this gun. A missing o-ring or two. Some sharp edges where they shouldn't be. Etc. I also think the gun was used or a demo.

He also has new guns deeply discounted. The have a note saying they have a minor leak.

The one I purchased visibly has damaged o-rigs on the tube where it inserts into the main chamber. I can feel a corresponding rough edge on the hole where the screw holds the main tube in. I am sure I may find a few other areas that may need a new o-ring or a light sand and polish.

For the price I paid, I would be happy just to hang it on the wall and look at it. It sure is a great looking gun. But I am very confident I will be shooting it soon.

I am guessing that Raman just wanted to make sure he errored on the side of caution with his price and description. This way he will maintain a happy customer base.

I am very happy with my purchase!

Daisy Powerline 953
2289G Lightly Modded
Milano Tsunami T1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:32 pm 

Info I have so far is :

1. Replace 2 seals that hold the pressure in valve body. Size is 2mm x 16mm.
2. Valve body side of the air tube - Replace seal(in some cases put a seal because factory didn't put one) - 3.5mm x 27mm
3. Gauge port - Teflon tape helps. Or you can use a delrin seal under the gauge to stop the leak.

The ones I need are where the tube meets the block sealing off the transfer port. I think they are 2mm X 20mm but I cant get them off without cutting them...

Where does everyone get there o-rings? I used to get mine at http://www.ableorings.com/ but they are gone????

Thanks
Tye

Daisy Powerline 953
2289G Lightly Modded
Milano Tsunami T1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:06 pm 

Now that i’ve taken mine apart…
Gauge thread must’ve been a different pitch, to what the end cap has. Threads are gone.
Tube has dried cutting fluid and metal shavings inside.
I don’t think i’d be comfortable shooting even one that was brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Lee