Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:34 pm 

Dear friends! We, in Russia, organize Air-pistol online competitions for non-matched .177 airpistols. Something like crosman 1377. No serious apdate, just stock versions. Shooting according ISSF rules. Distance from 5 to 10 meters , targets according the distance. What do you think? I propose 20 shots. Old guys and kids can shoot also "support rest", but please, while sending scan of your targets, note that you are shooting "support rest". When we were discussing this idea in Russia, we (old guys including women) decided that our goal will be to make "Yunoshesky Rasryad" or sport qualification category for Youth. It is 150/200 in standing Olympic Air-pistol. Welcome to shoot old russian bears!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:44 pm 

Interesting. I take it, support rest for Seniors is one handed, butt on bag, sitting?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:04 pm 

Sounds fun, but I only own a match pistol... but I'm over 50 if that counts :?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:06 pm 

Non match? Interesting way of classifying acceptable equipment. Perhaps doing similar to sporter class air rifle. They use price as the limiting factor of which rifle can be used, max $600 usd. Maybe something similar like $200 for the pistols. Mind you that still leaves the p17 which performs quite well.

I'm in the same boat as sillymike, well unless you count the s&w mp9 blowback co2 replica, but don't think I'll be scoring 150/200 with that ever.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:21 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Interesting. I take it, support rest for Seniors is one handed, butt on bag, sitting?
Sorry, not on bag, but on some solid surface. I am using rifle tripod, for example. Yes, sitting when you are older than 71. When you are just a kid (less than 71) , you must do it standing )) Just write what air-pistol you use and kind of pellets. You can place your targets here and I have a girl (less than 55) who can place them on the forum. I think registration on the website severforum.ru is not obligatory.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:31 pm 

sillymike wrote:
Sounds fun, but I only own a match pistol... but I'm over 50 if that counts :?
Absolutely not, according our understanding of age, you are just a kid! But if you wish I can place your results among guys who shoot match pistols, just note your pistol and pellets type.
Another option - you borrow some simple air-pistol and shoot in "non-match category".
Yesterday one russian lady age 51 shot Strike One 019 and got 103/200 and it is OK.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:41 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Non match? Interesting way of classifying acceptable equipment. Perhaps doing similar to sporter class air rifle. They use price as the limiting factor of which rifle can be used, max $600 usd. Maybe something similar like $200 for the pistols. Mind you that still leaves the p17 which performs quite well.

I'm in the same boat as sillymike, well unless you count the s&w mp9 blowback co2 replica, but don't think I'll be scoring 150/200 with that ever.
I thing p17 is OK, nobody calls it "match pistol", but just open sights. But if prefer CO2 replica it is also fine.You suppose to shoot 20 pellets just standing according ISSF rules or "support rest". Distance from 5 to 10 meters, target size according the distance. Write pellets you are using. Place your targets here and I will submit them to the severforum.ru . Of course, your can register yourself if you wish. Just note the site is in Russian only.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:54 am 

Does anyone have an image of the proper target and the dimensions?

I can shoot between 6 to 9 yards in my basement and can scale the target if I have the original and know the dimensions at 10m.

I have a P17 and a couple CO2 pistols that are definitely non-match!

Thanks,
Rob27

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:05 am 

Rob27 wrote:

I can shoot between 6 to 9 yards in my basement and can scale the target if I have the original and know the dimensions at 10m.

Thanks,
Rob27

This page has all you need to know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISSF_10_meter_air_pistol

However if you send me your mailing address I'll send you a few of the good stuff. Disclaimer, I take no responsiblilty if you no longer can accept using copied versions after trying them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:19 am 

Rob27 wrote:

Thanks,
Rob27

Yes, you are highly welcome! You pistols, especially Weihrauch 40 (P17) are more than OK. As for me I am shooting 1377 at 6 meter distance. Just two pumps are enough.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:32 am 

Just wonder why you, guys, are afraid to participate in this simple competition. Yes, I understand you are devoted soda-cans-killers and it is very important mission )) But why not time to time to test yourself at classical air-pistol according ISSF rules ? I am placing here the target one russian guy had punched with 35 y/o spring Izh40. As I undestand he got 30/50 five shots seria and just about 120/200. I am sure most of you can do much better!

Attachments:
иж40.jpg
иж40.jpg [ 79.65 KiB | Viewed 1077 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:13 am 

Just busy with other training. That and I would have to buy a suitable AP to participate with which I am hestiant to do. I'd rather not accumilate more ag's that I won't use a lot. I can share scores for my issf sessions but seems out of context and those are already submitted to another monthly league when I do participate.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:25 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Just busy with other training. That and I would have to buy a suitable AP to participate with which I am hestiant to do. I'd rather not accumilate more ag's that I won't use a lot. I can share scores for my issf sessions but seems out of context and those are already submitted to another monthly league when I do participate.

I will be more than happy to send one of my pistols... Can you just borrow air-pistol from someone? Is it possible just to look at your scored?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:35 am 

I downloaded a 10M air pistol target and have scaled it for my 6 yard and 9 yard basement shooting options. If anyone wants a pdf of it, or wants one scaleed for a different distance, please let me know.

The 10M target is 157mm from edge to edge of the largest ring. When scaled for 6 yards the outside ring is 86mm. I initially printed them 2 up on a page. I tried a first run shooting 10 shots per target but 3 shots disappeared into other holes so I could not score them (I shot 3 extra just for fun). Scored 61 + 60 = 131

I think the missing 3 were either 9, 8, or 7 and were replaced with 6,3,3. Not a good trade!

I then reworked my target as 4 up so will only need 5 shots per bull without swapping a lot of targets.

This scaled version is not completely comparable since the size of the pellets do not scale. A 4.5mm pellet hole at 6 yards is like an 8.2mm hole at 10M. Since scoring is inward, the bigger hole might catch a higher scoring ring. I know that this is intended just for fun, but thought I would point that out in case someone shoots a great score at 6yd and thinks they are ready for the Olympics!

I will try to post the targets here later for anyone who wants them.

Rob27

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:51 am 

Sergei1950 wrote:
I will be more than happy to send one of my pistols... Can you just borrow air-pistol from someone? Is it possible just to look at your scored?

Generous offer but I'm good. My scores? Here is my last club session before the shutdown. Yeah it's been a while. I'm tempted to start back up but once again, currently in training for another sport.