Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Bad Magazine
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:08 pm 

I just got a Umarex Legends P 08 BB gun and the mag that came with it seems to be bad. After one or two shots it leaks all the CO2 out and obviously no longer allows the gun to function. I did purchase a couple of extra mags at the same time and they work fine. I sent an email to Pyramid a while ago but do not expect a reply until next week. In the meantime does anyone have any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Bad Magazine
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:48 am 

I guess that's one of the caveat of not buying from a Canadian dealer :axe: ... Customer service is non-existant, and shipping it back will cost more than it's worth.

You could try writing to Umarex and see f they have a suggestion
https://www.umarex.com/contact.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:46 am 

take a good look at the seal in the mag

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:39 pm 

I had said Pyramid, but I actually got this one from AirgunDepot. I just got off the phone with them, the young lady I talked to was not too clear but I think they are sending out a new magazine, and said to watch email for any instructions? Also said I probably would keep the bad one, if that is so I will experiment with fixing it. I did not want to do anything to it until I get a replacement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:36 pm 

I just got an email with a tracking number where they sent out the replacement magazine, just took them a day less than a week to decide to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:31 pm 

Umarex did not bother to reply. AirgunDepot finally sent out a replacement and said to keep the bad one.. No idea of what I am doing but I plan on taking the valve apart and seeing if an o ring is bad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:12 pm 

I finally got the replacement mag, and a couple of days later had the time to play with the bad one. I had a little set of pliers that look to be made to bend loops in wire, the point tapers down to about 1/16" diameter, just right to fit the slots in the valve nun. Backed it out and it looked like the tiny O ring was crooked, so took it out and it looked good. I gave everything in there a good coating of Superlube silicone grease and put it back together. Loaded some BB's and a CO2 cart and it worked great for that mag full. I then set it aside for a while to make a trip to town, came back loaded some more BB's and again it worked fine. I then removed the old CO2 cart, left it overnight, installed a new cart, and BB's and shot away. It's working great now and I have an extra magazine.