Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Tau 7 muzzle compensator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:57 pm 

Hi, i use a tau 7 for issf training, when i adjust my velocity over 420 fps i got muzzle flip.

The muzzle compensator really stop that or the only solution is to stay in the low fps and poor hole in target ?

Make ot simple the compensator really give me improvement fort the 100$ plus shipping it cost ?

Slavia 630
Daisy 853c
Crosman 422
Beeman p-17
TAU 7
2200 magnum

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:27 pm 

I found the compensator did two things. One, it added weight to the muzzle resulting in less flip. Second, the blast of air heading upwards or sideways tamed the muzzle flip some. I liked the compensator on mine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:01 am 

Mac wrote:
I found the compensator did two things. One, it added weight to the muzzle resulting in less flip. Second, the blast of air heading upwards or sideways tamed the muzzle flip some. I liked the compensator on mine.

It's munch more heavy than the regular sight holder plus a 50g weight ?

Slavia 630
Daisy 853c
Crosman 422
Beeman p-17
TAU 7
2200 magnum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:18 pm 

Yup. I liked thew weight out front.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:20 am 

Muzzle flip with a 177 ?

May I suggest

I'd shoot the pistol at its most accurate velocity.
- Muzzle jump (if any) is only a concerned if you need to engage multiple target sequentially. (like the 5 targets strings in a rapid-fire match)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:07 pm 

sillymike wrote:
Muzzle flip with a 177 ?

May I suggest

I'd shoot the pistol at its most accurate velocity.
- Muzzle jump (if any) is only a concerned if you need to engage multiple target sequentially. (like the 5 targets strings in a rapid-fire match)

I try a semi gorillagrip and your right it's work at 460 fps ( higher speed i can go to have 70 good shoot). It's inconfortable because the handle is small for my hand but i shoot lot of 10. I dont have to train my hand i was drywaller for the last 20 years and have to hold a screwgun on my hand 40hrs/week :D :D

Slavia 630
Daisy 853c
Crosman 422
Beeman p-17
TAU 7
2200 magnum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:02 am 

If I'd be closer, I'd invite you over to the range. A few bullseye relay at 50y with a 45acp... you would no longer notice the flip of the Tau

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:42 am 

sillymike wrote:
If I'd be closer, I'd invite you over to the range. A few bullseye relay at 50y with a 45acp... you would no longer notice the flip of the Tau

:D never try 45 acp but I play a lot with 357 mag i know what's recoil thrust me :wink: but for now with issf shooting we try to be accurate on mm and a just a small muzzle flip can change a (x) in a x or a 9 . To keep every shoot on the 7 little flip is nothing to stay on the 10 is a other story .

Slavia 630
Daisy 853c
Crosman 422
Beeman p-17
TAU 7
2200 magnum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:19 pm 

matou2041 wrote:
sillymike wrote:

:D never try 45 acp but I play a lot with 357 mag i know what's recoil thrust me :wink: but for now with issf shooting we try to be accurate on mm and a just a small muzzle flip can change a (x) in a x or a 9 . To keep every shoot on the 7 little flip is nothing to stay on the 10 is a other story .

Ensure to follow through after you pull the trigger. You should be holding aim at least a full second after you pull the trigger. 2 seconds would be better. Just as sillymike mentioned muzzle flip is not going to change your POI on a single shot cycle. With any reasonable target pistol if you shoot a 7 it's because you were aiming at the 7 or close too. Resolve why you are aiming at the 7 during the shot cycle. I'm sorry I keep coming back to it but it's why dry fire practice is so important.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:39 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
matou2041 wrote:
sillymike wrote:

Ensure to follow through after you pull the trigger. You should be holding aim at least a full second after you pull the trigger. 2 seconds would be better. Just as sillymike mentioned muzzle flip is not going to change your POI on a single shot cycle. With any reasonable target pistol if you shoot a 7 it's because you were aiming at the 7 or close too. Resolve why you are aiming at the 7 during the shot cycle. I'm sorry I keep coming back to it but it's why dry fire practice is so important.

Dry fire option is one of the raison i thinking to changey tau7 for a izh46m, other one is the to small grip for my hand. May be my follow thrue is to short. I get 510 avg from my last two game I really have to remove the 7 from my score.

Slavia 630
Daisy 853c
Crosman 422
Beeman p-17
TAU 7
2200 magnum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:01 pm 

The NRA Precision pistol match (2700) is a bit like the old ISSF standard pistol

- You'd fire the course 3x. Once with a 22lr, once with a center fire, and once more with a 45acp

Quote:
An example outdoor 900 match would include:

2 strings of slow fire. Each string consists of 10 shots at 50 yards at a NRA B6 target. The bullseye diameter is 8 inches (20 cm)
1 National Match Course consisting of one 10-shot slow fire string at 50 yards, two 5-shot strings of timed fire at 25 yards, and two 5-shot strings of rapid fire at 25 yards.
4 strings of timed fire. Each string consists of 5 shots in 20 seconds at 25 yards at a NRA B8 target. The bullseye diameter is 5.5 inches (14 cm).
4 strings of rapid fire. Each string consists of 5 shots in 10 seconds at 25 yards at a NRA B8 target. The bullseye diameter is 5.5 inches.

As for the too-small a grip on the TAU-7, instead of replacing it with a IZH-46 (which is as good a reason as any to buy a new airgun)... wouldn't it make more sens to get a grip that fit your hand better?
https://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:23 pm 

sillymike wrote:
The NRA Precision pistol match (2700) is a bit like the old ISSF standard pistol

- You'd fire the course 3x. Once with a 22lr, once with a center fire, and once more with a 45acp

Quote:
An example outdoor 900 match would include:

2 strings of slow fire. Each string consists of 10 shots at 50 yards at a NRA B6 target. The bullseye diameter is 8 inches (20 cm)
1 National Match Course consisting of one 10-shot slow fire string at 50 yards, two 5-shot strings of timed fire at 25 yards, and two 5-shot strings of rapid fire at 25 yards.
4 strings of timed fire. Each string consists of 5 shots in 20 seconds at 25 yards at a NRA B8 target. The bullseye diameter is 5.5 inches (14 cm).
4 strings of rapid fire. Each string consists of 5 shots in 10 seconds at 25 yards at a NRA B8 target. The bullseye diameter is 5.5 inches.

As for the too-small a grip on the TAU-7, instead of replacing it with a IZH-46 (which is as good a reason as any to buy a new airgun)... wouldn't it make more sens to get a grip that fit your hand better?
https://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips.com/

It's a bit more than just the grip, from chrismas i had use 250 co2 tank, i dont get the bulk fill kit for the gun. Only dry fire option is beetwen 2 tank on co2. I just start on the issf if I have to change I dont want to have to relearn everything with a new kind of pistol the tau 7 is really hard to find if mine broke.

Slavia 630
Daisy 853c
Crosman 422
Beeman p-17
TAU 7
2200 magnum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:50 pm 

matou2041, I have a little .357 as well. I find it kicks a bit more than the .38SPL. For recoil, a .500 S&W kicks a bit more than that, OK a lot more, but doesn't hurt
like my M29 4" with the short, little round-butt grips on it. With 20gr. W296 and a 300gr. Truncated cone cast, it bloody well stings the hand.
I found the .500 very controllable - it climbed a bit, but not any higher than the 4" M29. With normal grips, the .44 shoots very nicely. Not many people
like them for "plinking", though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:48 pm 

matou2041 wrote:
It's a bit more than just the grip, from chrismas i had use 250 co2 tank, i dont get the bulk fill kit for the gun. Only dry fire option is beetwen 2 tank on co2. I just start on the issf if I have to change I dont want to have to relearn everything with a new kind of pistol the tau 7 is really hard to find if mine broke.

If you think you'll be serious about ISSF 10M pistol
- Get a Steyr LP10 and be done with it... because that's what you'll end up with eventually (Or a Walther/Tesro/Mornini/FWB). So might just has well save the expense of buying/trading/upgrading various pistols.

If you're not quite ready to jump in the deep end of the pool, something like the used FWB C-10 and Walther CP1 (listed in the classified) would be nice options. Parts are still readily available. Bulk refill from a 20lb bottle would have you shooting for a long time (for not much $)
- The pistol are accurate enough to get you to the nationals

Over on CanadianGunNutz, there's a used LP2, LP10 and a Pardini K12 listed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:20 pm 

sillymike wrote:
If you think you'll be serious about ISSF 10M pistol
- Get a Steyr LP10 and be done with it...

Solid advise.